Off Topic Off Topic This is the place for our members to discuss NON-Suzuki related topics. But, please do keep things clean and civil. Off Topic does not mean anything goes!

Feeling insecure about new job

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2016, 08:23 AM
Default Feeling insecure about new job

I'm starting a new job at Linseis next Monday and I'm feeling really nervous about it. I'm sure that's a very normal reaction but still. I just graduated with from university with a degree in physics and on paper, I'm perfect for the position. However, I don't feel like I am.

The company produces thermal analyzers and I'll work in product development. To be honest, I haven't done that well in my thermophysics exams so understandably, I'm feeling quite insecure. However, I really need that job and the money.

Anyone have any advice on how to best stop feeling this way?

Old 03-18-2017, 06:57 AM

Edit: Hope you're enjoying your new job.

-- Previous comment ----------
I wouldn't worry so much about your academics. They say you're lucky to use 10% of what you learned. I'd go into the job with an open mind. You'll be part of a team, the more experienced will show you the ropes. They know you just came from school and as such you'll be going through on the job training, starting with smaller pieces of the puzzle. So, there really is no point in attempting to anticipate what work will be like. I think once you are on the job, you'll really like it.

Last edited by High_Plains_Thumper; 03-18-2017 at 07:06 AM. Reason: Didn't notice was posted several months ago.
Old 04-11-2017, 04:50 AM

Thank you, and yeah I am! It's challenging for sure but it's not as hard as I imagined it would be!