GSXR 750 electrical charging problem

Old 11-02-2005, 03:26 PM
Default GSXR 750 electrical charging problem

My GSXR 750 is not charging the battery. What is going on here? I checked the stator and it seems to be ok. The regulator/rectifier I am not sure about. Is there any other possible reasons why the bike is not charging the battery? I am tired of riding around with the head light unplugged and having to put the bike on a battery charger everywhere I stop. Need help bad. Thanks.

Old 11-10-2005, 11:51 PM
Default RE: GSXR 750 electrical charging problem

Ouch.... is there a fuse that needs to be replaced maybe??

I am not to familiar with the electrical but of course (no brainer)I would check all of your connections.

Old 12-27-2005, 09:32 AM

Hi!

First time posting...

Hey I had the same problem with my 2005 GSXR 750. I would ride and then all of a sudden it would die and not start. I would charge the battery until full and then it would run for a little while and die again. I think the problem was that one of my turn signals (i have flush mounts on my undertail kit) got water inside where the bulb attaches to the connector and was shorting it out.

I really do not know if this solved it because its winter time and have not ridden it for a long time. But it seemed to be working after I cleaned and dried up the terminals. My dealer also could not find anything wrong with it. Guess I will see when spring comes whether that fixed it.
Dan

Old 02-12-2006, 06:50 AM

Hi

I have had exactly the same problem with my GSXR 600 K3. Spent hours doing voltage and continuity checks on the bike and replaced the regulator/rectifier on it. I had recently put a new battery on it before having these problems and thought that it couldn't be that, but I replaced it anyway and the battery charges fine and i've had no problems since.

Hope this helps if you haven't already sorted it.

Old 04-10-2006, 04:29 AM

START THE BIKE GET A VOLT METER AND SEE IF YOUR GETTING AT LEAST 14 VOLTS IF YOUR NOT..THEN CHECK THE RECTIFIER IT'S THE THING THAT LOOKS LIKE A LITTLE AMP ON THE REAR SUBFRAME THERE WILL BE FIVE WIRES THERES ONE GROUND AND FOUR HOTS ALL THE VOLTAGES MUST BE ATLEAST 13.5-15 VOLTS IF TWO ARE 13.5 - 15 VOLTS AND THE OTHER TWO ARE LESS THEN THATS THE PROBLEM IF ALL THE VOLTAGES ARE LOW THEN ITS YOUR STATOR....WHEN YOU GET DOWN TO THIS i CAN WALK YOU THROGH IT, YOU CAN E-ME BACK IF YOU HAVE FURTHER QUESTIONS....OH YEA ALSO CHECK YOUR ELECTRICAL CONECTIONS SEE IF THEY HAVE ANY SIGN OF MELTING OR BLCK SOOT

Old 06-08-2006, 12:02 PM

Can anyone give me more info. I've read all your suggestion on electrical charging problem and did those already.
I got to the point were I dicided to bring the bike to the motorcycle shop, I told them my issues and they performed the diagnosics and told me it was the stator, so I ordered the stator and installed it, it ran for about 4 trips at a total miles of 250 than it went out agian. Got home and tested the batterie for voltage it read at 11.47 volts. I charged the batterie, ran the bike and with a voltmeter tested the voltage, the voltage didn't not incress at all, so I remove the - wire to check the stator the bike went died. I contact the motorcycle shop and they told me that electrical parts are not worrantee, but they were will to help and came to an agreement that they would replace the stator if they would install it and I paid for the labor, but before I agree, I ask what else could be causing the stator to go out? they said Regulator/rectifier could be getting hot, I also had them replace that too.
So the bike ran great until yesterday the bike died stop again with the same symptoms. With all the new parts why am I still having the same problems? Can anybody help with more suggestions?

I have a 2001 GSXR 750...