AC Compressors

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2007, 03:56 AM
Default AC Compressors

Hi everyone,

I have a 2002 Suzuki XL7 and just recently whenever I either turn on my AC or my Defroster, my car makes this horrible sounding noise and then the car just turns itself off. Does anyone know what this could be? Will I need to purchase a new AC Compressor or do I need to put some freon into the car?

Old 05-06-2007, 10:47 PM
Default RE: AC Compressors

You can get a refill kit (including a gauge) nearly anywhere (Autozone, Wal-Mart, and all the rest). Check your refrigerant level first. Generally, low refrigerant will cause the compressor to cut out and you won't get any cooling. Check the clutch on the compressor also.

Refilling the refrigerant won't solve the problem if the level is low, because if what was in there leaked out, what you put in will also leak out. I'd recommend referring the job to a qualified AC tech who can find tle leak and solve the problem. Refrigeration servicing requires special tools and knowledge.

Old 05-07-2007, 03:19 PM
Default RE: AC Compressors

sounds like a compressor to me I have put a bunch on here at the dealership It list for like a grand from suzuki.make sure to put a new expansion valve on there to.