New to the Suzuki family with questions!

Old 10-19-2016, 09:03 PM
Cool New to the Suzuki family with questions!

So I just grabbed a Reno for pretty cheap. It has about 75k miles on it and a nice set of bent valves. I did the valve job personally and a new timing set obviously. While I had the head off I noticed it had a heat id tag on it. So I am assuming this is not the first time the head was off. Anyway Now for the issues. First the cat is melted. I already have a new one, but I am waiting to fix this other issue first. It's burning oil! In my experience with other vehicles it seems like the PCV system is working too hard and pulling oil into the intake. The hose going from the valve cover to the intake manifold is rather noisy and when pinched it stalls the engine. That doesn't seem right to me. The puddle of oil in the intake doesn't seem right either. If it idles more than a couple minutes it will smoke a few seconds after the engine is revved. So since I see no actual hardware along this hose I assume the PCV is integrated into the Valve cover...which sucks. Perhaps a universal inline pcv valve? or am I looking in the wrong place to begin with?
Oh small note. I do not know what the compression should be, but this engine is 240-245-250-245...sure seems high to me? and another note- oil pressure light flickers at idle when warm. I already tried a new sensor with no change. Engine sounds good and has plenty of power (when not blowing through oil) I am leaning towards viscosity and/or oil filtration issues on that one.

Last edited by RenoRunner; 10-19-2016 at 09:06 PM.