Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

PST90SPK SUZUKI Series 3 2013

Old 12-02-2019, 09:18 PM
Default PST90SPK SUZUKI Series 3 2013

I am tried of the car radio gps system come with my SUZUKI Series 3 2013. The screen is so small that every time I tried to use the GPS system, it is not so easy.

For the sake of my sefety, I had made up the decision to upgrade it with a large screen aftermarket radio. I am not so tech savvy and my budget is limited. So I'd like to buy one online myself and get it installed by a technician from a garage.

I have looked at some universal car stereos from Pionner and some vehicle specific ones from Xtrons. Now I can't make up my mind which one to choose? Pionner is well-known but it is more expensive. Xtrons seems a no-brainer but honestly I didn't hear it before and I found it only recently. What do you think? Is Xtrons trustful?

Old 12-05-2019, 11:24 AM

It depends how you see it. Alpine, Kenwood, Sony, used to produce the best car audio and navigation systems since decades ago. They seem to more reliable, but with eye-watering price tags as well, lol, also, many reviews say Kenwood software isn't all that functional. You will have more choices if you do some research on the internet. From $100 to $300, you will find some Chinese units with more extensive features, such as Bluetooth, Android Auto, WiFi, USB, Spotify, with this money, you can only get an old-school radio from Kenwood. I have an XTRONS unit, it has been working for almost 2 years now, I still don’t have a reason to replace it, It is Android 8, a great piece of electronics with good configuration. It has very good user reviews. I believe I made the right choice.