Suzuki Forum - Suzuki Enthusiast Forums

Suzuki Forum - Suzuki Enthusiast Forums (https://suzukiforum.com/forum/)
-   Boulevard C90, Boulevard C50 (https://suzukiforum.com/forum/boulevard-c90-boulevard-c50-16/)
-   -   Buyer Beware (https://suzukiforum.com/forum/boulevard-c90-boulevard-c50-16/buyer-beware-1999/)

otrp 03-28-2009 11:54 PM

Buyer Beware

Buyer beware,

I have an 06 C50 Suzuki. At the end of the one year warranty my starter button froze and would not depress inward to start the bike. I also noticed that the plastic chrome was beginning to peel in spots. Needless to say I did something I never do and that was to purchase an extended warranty from Suzuki.

This past November 2008 I had my bike in the shop for inspection. The service manager noticed the plastic chrome peeling on the speedometer housing, the steering head, the right side mirror and the broken plastic piece under the headlight. He submitted a claim to Suzuki to replace it under the extended warrantyfor quality and workmanship. He said it would not be a problem.

After about a week Suzuki called and declined to replace the parts. They gave the service manager no reason. I then called Suzuki. They say it is cosmetic. Yes it is but when the chrome paint you put over the plastic is peeling off it was obviously applied wrong.

If I replace the parts retail it will cost me $230.00. If Suzuki replaces the parts it will cost them about $50.00 and of course they have my extra $600.00 to cover them. The service manager and sales manager at my dealer are at a loss as to why Suzuki is willing to lose two sales over this issue.

Iam upgrading my wife’s bike this spring and mine in the fall of 09. Instead of it being an S50 Suzuki it will be a Yamaha or perhaps a Kawasaki. The same goes for mine.

In this economy if after paying $600.00 for an extended warrantya company is stupid enough to not stand behind their product and warranty for a mere $50.00, they do not deserve to get my money a second or third time etc. My loss will now be your loss Suzuki.

Yamaha here I come.

Triggerider 03-29-2009 06:24 PM

Sorry to hear that you got stiffed by Suzuki. I also bought the extended warranty... but I paid $1,200... my mistake. Fortunately, I have had no problems in the two years I have had my C90T. Japanese companies are notorious for not wanting to honor warranties... it's like they hate to admit that they produced something inferior (I guess if they admit fault they will have to go out and committ ritual suicide or something) My brother in law had problems with a Toyota pickup truck, and finally had to go after Toyota with our states lemmon law. I don't know that I would trust any of the other Japanese manufacturers enough to buy another extended warranty. - Rick

pvensel 04-01-2009 11:49 PM

Suzuki Warranty - Cobra Exhaust - Cobra Fi2000R Fuel Management Processor

Suzuki Waranty (extended warrenty) should be able to be applied by rules and regulations. If the Dealership doesn't stand behind the customers needs then they are both to blame. I also have a 2006 Suzuki Boulevard C50, but I never heard of eny of the chrome peeling off and I read alot of forums. I had 2 complaints after I bought my C50 and the first complaint was my bike was having trouble shifting into 1st gear if I was sitting at a red light, such as if I sat at a light and put my bike in neutral position and then if I tried to shift into 1st gear to take off, I would have problems leaving the light on time. The dealer said they were unable to find the problem and I took my bike back a second time and still nothing was found. The dealer documented the problem and to this day, I still have this same issue happen at times...
Problem #2, 1 month before my 1 year warranty ran out, my front and rear tires were dry rotting and I had less than 3000K miles on my bike. The dealer called Suzuki and they would not cover the tires because it was not a mechanical or cosmetic issue and they do not warranty tires. What kind of crap is that. The answer I received was the tires must have sat in a warehouse for a long time before they were used. Something was wrong with this picture...
Anyway I bought 2 new Metzeler 880 Marathon Tires and I love these tires. I bought the tires and saved alot of money from cruisercustomizing.com which they always have sales on these type of tires. The stock tires were bad for traction and they were very slippery if I got caught in the rain. My Metzeler tires are quiet, smooth, grip the roads like glue in the rain and in the sunshine. I do recommend the Metzeler 880 Marathon Tires to anybody who has a cruiser motorcycle.
This week I just bought new Cobra StreetRod Slashdown Exhaust from www.accessoryinternational.com and man are these nice pipes. I also purchased the Cobra Fi2000R Fuel Management Processor from www.phatperformanceparts.com and this is the easiest fuel processor to install on your bike, and the best thing about the Cobra Fi2000R is that it comes factory set for your model bike. It's like a plug and play device. I did alot of research before I bought this Fi2000R because of all the hype out there on the Power Commander III USB. Well both of these processors do the same thing which is adjust the fuel & air mixture. Neither of the fuel processors give the bike more horsepower, so why not save yourself some money and purchase the Cobra. I am really liking my Boulevard C50 and I hope it runs for years to come.

otrp 04-04-2009 11:28 AM

Thanks for the tips on accessories pvensel. I too need a power commander. These babies run pretty lean stock.

Also thanks for the tire tip, sounds good. I'll be needing to research that area soon enough.