Suzuki Forum - Suzuki Enthusiast Forums

Suzuki Forum - Suzuki Enthusiast Forums (https://suzukiforum.com/forum/)
-   Boulevard C90, Boulevard C50 (https://suzukiforum.com/forum/boulevard-c90-boulevard-c50-16/)
-   -   C90T clicking noise on each gear (https://suzukiforum.com/forum/boulevard-c90-boulevard-c50-16/c90t-clicking-noise-each-gear-1543/)

Henaum 06-26-2008 01:56 PM

C90T clicking noise on each gear

Hi,

I have a boulevard C90T 2005 (less than 5000 miles) and the bike makes a clicking or tickling metallic noise at each gear but within a specific range of speed for each gear : on 1st : between 25 and 30 km/hr, on 2nd : between 45 and 50, on 3rd : between 65 and 70, on 4th : between 85 and 90, on 5th : between 100 and 105. It does not produce that noise on idle and when the clutch is engaged. I don't have an RPM gauge but it looks like the sound is produced at the same RPM for each gear.

I went to a Suzuki shop, they have done a roadtest and nobody has a clue on were it comes from. They think it might come from the exhaust baffles were the sound would come back throught the motor. I asked about the valves but they don't think it's the source of the sound.

Any suggestions on what to look at?

Thanks

vikingpnut 06-28-2008 08:38 AM

RE: C90T clicking noise on each gear

If it's stock exhaust I wouldn't think that was it. My 05 M50 with 6000 mi runs strong without an issue except for aticking valve or lifter when it's 1st turned over. My thought would be to talk with a different shop.

shakedown 07-20-2008 04:06 PM

i would change the gear oil. I had the same problem. some of it is going to be there.
I have 6k on my bike and still hear it at times and when to several shops for it..

S Automobile 07-21-2008 02:14 AM

ORIGINAL: vikingpnut

If it's stock exhaust I wouldn't think that was it. My 05 M50 with 6000 mi runs strong without an issue except for aticking valve or lifter when it's 1st turned over. My thought would be to talk with a different shop.
I would agree with vikingpnut and suggest you to consult with a different shop.

nikopen 08-20-2008 07:24 AM

I have the same issue with my 06 C90T. I have 7k on the bike and when I roll on the throttle at highway speeds the ticking is hard to miss. I have read a couple of things online: one rider says he has a bad lifter in his front cylinder and his bike is in the shop. Another rider had a bad valve. I am going through a list of things to check on my own so when I take it to the shop they won't send it home with no resolution and some random fix that costs me $100.00.

I have opend a ticket with Suzuki America since my warranty expired - if this is an engine issue ref to the valves or lifters I feel it should be covered since the bike only has 7k.

If you hear anything send me an email to niko21120@comcast.net.

Good luck.

Chris