Suzuki Forum - Suzuki Enthusiast Forums

Suzuki Forum - Suzuki Enthusiast Forums (https://suzukiforum.com/forum/)
-   Boulevard C90, Boulevard C50 (https://suzukiforum.com/forum/boulevard-c90-boulevard-c50-16/)
-   -   de-baffle (https://suzukiforum.com/forum/boulevard-c90-boulevard-c50-16/de-baffle-1260/)

wingnut 12-26-2007 07:55 PM

de-baffle

I just came across this forum and read about the de-baffle of the c50. I have a c50t, 2006, and am looking into new pipes. I don't want ear piercing. The debaffle sounds like what i want. I can't get the video to work so i don't know how to do it. Can anyone help? Or give me an idea about what kind of pipes will give me a loud roar with out breaking my ear drums. After all, I do still want my wife to ride with me. Thanks for any help you can give.
Wingnut

C50WI 01-11-2008 09:51 PM

RE: de-baffle

hello there. About the debaffling, I did this and posted the link, not sure why it doesnt work, but here is what you need for tools: 1 1/2" bi metal hole saw, 3" hole saw, hole saw harbor, and a dowel rod ( a broom stick handle will work also) with the hole saws you thread the small saw inside of the big hole saw with the saw harbor, which usually comes with the hole saws. then using a good electric drill or air drill start drilling out the plate thats around the baffle at the tip of the pipe. After that take your wooded rod and instert it into the baffle and start bending it around inside the pipe to loosen the welds. After a minute or two you'll be able to just take a pliers and break the welds and take the baffle completely out. Thats about it! Any other questions on how to do it, just ask. Good luck. Oh by the way if theres a menards around you get the hole saws from there. Their good quality and thats where the guy in the video got them too i think.

SUZUKI RIDER 03-23-2008 07:53 PM

hi i was just wondering dont u lose back presure when u take the baffles out i got a set of vance and heinz pipes and they r great good luck hope it works 4 u

C50WI 03-24-2008 04:38 PM

I dont think so. Even without the baffles its not truly a straight pipe anyways. I would love to get some vance and hines exaughst, but their sorta spendy. Probably worth it anyways.

SUZUKI RIDER 05-03-2008 10:00 PM

YEH THEY THEY BUT THE NOTE THAT U GET FROM THEM IS TOTALLY AWESOME

DOG1 05-06-2008 07:48 AM

I JUST PUT THE VANCE HEINZ STRAIGHT SHOTS ON MY BIKE THEY SOUNG PRETTY GOOD NOT TO LOUD.

identityministries 06-10-2008 12:47 PM

i want to debaffle mine, but i have an '06 C50 and was wondering if the exhaust is the same as it is on the '05
i dont want to get started, and find out that it wont work the same on mine. The reason i ask is because i saw some posts about the M50 exhaust has changed in newer models, and is harder to debaffle.
any ideas?

kurtdaniel 02-01-2010 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by SUZUKI RIDER (Post 3035)
YEH THEY THEY BUT THE NOTE THAT U GET FROM THEM IS TOTALLY AWESOME

yeah,,i tried it before and its great..

charlsc 02-10-2010 12:33 AM

Great work and good luck! Dont u lose back presure when u take the baffles out i got a set of vance and heinz pipes?

Cooter 02-17-2010 03:31 PM

I don't think removing your baffles will cause a back pressure issue. My cobra's came with removable baffles and can be run either way without an issue hope this helps. Good Luck