Suzuki Forum - Suzuki Enthusiast Forums

Suzuki Forum - Suzuki Enthusiast Forums (https://suzukiforum.com/forum/)
-   Boulevard C90, Boulevard C50 (https://suzukiforum.com/forum/boulevard-c90-boulevard-c50-16/)
-   -   FI2000r install on 07 c50 (https://suzukiforum.com/forum/boulevard-c90-boulevard-c50-16/fi2000r-install-07-c50-1995/)

BigDoug'sC50 03-25-2009 06:15 PM

FI2000r install on 07 c50

Has anybody installed a cobra fi2000r fuel processor on thier bike. Cobra says that you have to remove the seats and the gas tank to access the battery and the fuel injectors. I would like some advice from anybody that has done this. Anything would be appriciated. Thanks

C50WI 03-25-2009 10:06 PM

I installed a power commander, probably the same setup, yes u do have to take the tank and seats off. For me, i had to take an airduct off to route the harness correctly. I also found it useful to take the right sidecover off. goodluck..

pvensel 04-01-2009 11:56 PM

Cobra Pipes & Cobra Fi2000R Fuel Management

Read the install instructions, You have to take the seat off and you need to either remove the tank or just prop the tank up so you can get to the wires. Don't worry about gas leaking all over the place, because only a few drops will come out and the rest of the gas will stay in the tank. I guess there is some type of valve or something that will not let the gas pour out all over the place, so you will be ok by removing the tank without draining the gas.
This week I just bought new Cobra StreetRod Slashdown Exhaust from www.accessoryinternational.com and man are these nice pipes. I also purchased the Cobra Fi2000R Fuel Management Processor from www.phatperformanceparts.com and this is the easiest fuel processor to install on your bike, and the best thing about the Cobra Fi2000R is that it comes factory set for your model bike. It's like a plug and play device. I did alot of research before I bought this Fi2000R because of all the hype out there on the Power Commander III USB. Well both of these processors do the same thing which is adjust the fuel & air mixture. Neither of the fuel processors give the bike more horsepower, so why not save yourself some money and purchase the Cobra. I am really liking my Boulevard C50 and I hope it runs for years to come.
I bought 2 new Metzeler 880 Marathon Tires and I love these tires. I bought the tires and saved alot of money from cruisercustomizing.com which they always have sales on these type of tires. The stock tires were bad for traction and they were very slippery if I got caught in the rain. My Metzeler tires are quiet, smooth, grip the roads like glue in the rain and in the sunshine. I do recommend the Metzeler 880 Marathon Tires to anybody who has a cruiser motorcycle.

brent63 01-22-2010 03:40 AM

I have a 2006 Boulevard C90. I am putting V&H Bigshots on & a Cobra Fi2000. In the Fi2000 instructions the default settings say Green-3.5, Yellow-5 & Red-3.5. I'm taking it this is for the stock pipes. Has anyone set this to suite the Bigshots & what are the settings???

brent63 01-23-2010 07:33 AM

Emailed Cobra myself about the bigshots and they said this. (cut & pasted from my email).
Install the Fi-2000 on your bike and do not move the pot settings. Make sure you get all the correct lights and then take the bike for a good ride. If the bike runs well you are done. If it is lean only adjust the pot for the area that needs more fuel. If you need any help give us a call at 714-692-8180. Thanks for asking Cobra, ride safe.
So far I can't see how this is a forum? nobody seems to answer & I can't work out how to start a question(do a post)

charlsc 02-10-2010 12:43 AM

Is it not plug and play device? Do some research on your work, read the install instructions and then start your work.Good luck!

brent63 02-10-2010 07:16 AM

The instructions don't cover everything. The C90 is the only one with an expantion chamber where the only oxygen sensor is mounted. To disconect this may cause a fault light. Th Fi2000 says nothing about it as in the good old US of A they do not use oxygen sensors so as nobody else exists in this world except Americans no info is provided. I have done more reserch and YES follow the instructions that I posted 23/1/10 but also disconnect pin 23 from the large ECU (or it's the black wire with green stripe) This is from a local Honda shop from the Power Commander site.

charlsc 02-10-2010 01:08 PM

Yeah but you can get complete manual over the website.

brent63 02-11-2010 06:21 AM

No, but I also was silly enough to by a Clymer manual from the only country in the world and it refers to models as Californian, Canadian etc etc instead of say, EFI or carbie models or the like that any country can understand, and again does not show anything about oxygen sensors. Gotta love Americans. Is self centred and egotistic lessons they teach in schools or is it just hereditary???

Cooter 02-16-2010 06:00 PM

I put a FI2000r and set of cobra drag pipes on my 07 C90. My settings are 4 7 4 and I think its still running too rich I plan on setting up a dyno run for mine. But as far as install it was pretty straight forward just take your time, I actually rode mine a couple of days without the fake tank on so I could continue tuning. Good Luck