Suzuki Forum - Suzuki Enthusiast Forums

Suzuki Forum - Suzuki Enthusiast Forums (https://suzukiforum.com/forum/)
-   Boulevard C90, Boulevard C50 (https://suzukiforum.com/forum/boulevard-c90-boulevard-c50-16/)
-   -   Front Tire Wobble (https://suzukiforum.com/forum/boulevard-c90-boulevard-c50-16/front-tire-wobble-1542/)

Danny 06-25-2008 05:25 PM

Front Tire Wobble

I have a 2005 Suzuki Boulevard C90T. Lately I've noticed a wobble on the handlebars when I travel anywhere from 50 kms per hour to 90 kms per hour. I first noticed a shaking in the handlebars similar to an unbalanced tire on a car. When I travel at those speeds and let go slightly on the handlebars, they wobble quite noticeably. I've had the front tire rebalanced and it still does it. They are the original tires with 11,000 kms on them.

vikingpnut 06-26-2008 02:25 AM

RE: Front Tire Wobble

sounds like something has worked loose up front if the rebalancing didn't take care of it. I had a bicycle do that to me once and turned out to be a loose stem bolt. So I'd start from the handle bars and go down.

va_sarge 07-05-2008 04:49 PM

I had the same situation and went to the dealer. I had an under inflated tire that had worn irregular spots on it and I replaced the tire. This helped some but still have a little wobble at low speeds. I think it is the "nature of the beast."

nikopen 07-07-2008 08:41 PM

I have recently discovered the same thing. I was getting a noise, metallic vibration from the front end, especially in the turns. My mechanic was right in his guess that the bearings had worn a bit. However he found that the alignment was off to the right by a little less than an 1/8 of an inch. Now I have asked around and have heard that this isn't too unusual and that some Harleys are 1/2 of an inch out. He also told me of the wobble. I picked it up after the new bearings were installed and got to around 35mph, let go of the handlebars a bit and boy did they wobble. I realy don't feel it while holding with both or one hand, but damn.

I called another mechanic while looking for a shop that can check the frame with a laser and he thinks the wobble is from a rear tire that has gone a little flat across the center or it's the head bearings. I'm going to let him take a look at it this week.

The bike is an 06 C90T and only has about 7k on it. I wouldn't think it would need a new rear tire but I've learned that the these bikes can go through tires due to their weight. So, I ordered a new set of Metzlers today and should have them on by the weekend.

If I still have the wobble I'm going to order a stablizer that Scootworks has for the C90T and see how it goes.

You know.. I just want to ride!! LOL. I hope my experience can give someone an edge on troubleshooting. Have a great day and be safe!

Chris.

Triggerider 07-15-2008 09:13 PM

Try going to 38 lbs of pressure in the tire. If you have not already worn flat spots in the tire, this may correct the wobble.

climber 09-17-2008 12:25 PM

I would also check that you still have both handle bar weights on.

One had un-screwed inself and fell off without me noticing... it was the wobble that got me investigating... once I put a new one on the wobble was gone.

iceman58 12-16-2008 05:31 PM

Around 2000 Suzuki changed their head bearings to a flat bearing if you have your mechanic put in tapered bearings this will fix the problem. A freind of mine had the same problem and this fix solved the problem, mine goes to the shop next month for same fix

vikingpnut 12-17-2008 02:25 AM

I recently had new tires put on my bike. When I got it back I had a wobble. After a 100 miles and it didn't get better breaking in the tires I brought it back to the dealer. Turned out to be loose steering head bearings which they retorked and everythings been fine since.