Suzuki Forum - Suzuki Enthusiast Forums

Suzuki Forum - Suzuki Enthusiast Forums (https://suzukiforum.com/forum/)
-   Boulevard M95, Boulevard M50 (https://suzukiforum.com/forum/boulevard-m95-boulevard-m50-15/)
-   -   2010 m50 exhaust help (https://suzukiforum.com/forum/boulevard-m95-boulevard-m50-15/2010-m50-exhaust-help-4870/)

Poprivet 11-23-2010 11:51 PM

2010 m50 exhaust help

I have a 2010 m50 and I am looking for an after market exhaust does anyone know where I can find them please

Kokusho 11-26-2010 08:19 PM

things you need to think about you want to go for higher quality or something cheap, a little louder or much louder.

the top brands i would suggest to look at would be vance and hines or cobra. each has a little different sound and both typically have a few different exhaust systems for all the bike out there.

personally i'm looking at getting this all black m50 the dealership around here just got in. i'm looking at the vance and hines Twin Slash Staggereds BLACK part number 48293 but that is listed for the 05-09.

i haven't looked closely at the 2010 one yet to see but 10 bucks says they are the same setup as the 05-09 based on pics

Poprivet 11-28-2010 01:37 AM

I have found one to suit the 2010 for 990 delivered to my door but thanks for the reply

mapleman286 04-08-2011 09:55 AM

Pipes

What did you get??
I just bought a new 2010 m50 and cant find pipes for it.
I need this bike to be louder.

Redback 04-24-2011 09:16 AM

Hi mapleman286,
I know exactly what you mean regarding pipes for the "new" 2010 M50 LO model. The USA don't get the new model that looks like the M90/M109R which makes it hard to source after market parts. After a lot of research I decided that the exhaust headers and pipes had not changed between models and ordered some 2009 Vance and Hince Twin Slash Staggererds with the o2 bungs already welded in. They fitted like a dream and sound great. The bike runs brilliantly with no signs of backfiring or hot engine. I got the from the USA "Cycle Parts Nation Aftermarket Motorcycle Accessories" the part was PART #1861-0678
"Vance & Hines TWIN SLASH STAGGEREDS " and only USD$382. I find them a bit loud so I have now ordered the optional Quiet Baffles for them which take them down 3-5 decibels. I just cannot get over how much better throttle response is from this one change. Hope this helps.

Redback 04-25-2011 06:44 AM

For those interested I have posted some youtube clips under user name foc17dg

"2010 Suzuki Boulevard M50 with Vance & Hines Twin Slash Staggererds"

mapleman286 04-26-2011 08:50 AM

Figuring it out.

Originally Posted by Redback (Post 7909)
Hi mapleman286,
I know exactly what you mean regarding pipes for the "new" 2010 M50 LO model. The USA don't get the new model that looks like the M90/M109R which makes it hard to source after market parts. After a lot of research I decided that the exhaust headers and pipes had not changed between models and ordered some 2009 Vance and Hince Twin Slash Staggererds with the o2 bungs already welded in. They fitted like a dream and sound great. The bike runs brilliantly with no signs of backfiring or hot engine. I got the from the USA "Cycle Parts Nation Aftermarket Motorcycle Accessories" the part was PART #1861-0678
"Vance & Hines TWIN SLASH STAGGEREDS " and only USD$382. I find them a bit loud so I have now ordered the optional Quiet Baffles for them which take them down 3-5 decibels. I just cannot get over how much better throttle response is from this one change. Hope this helps.

Thanks Redback,

I have been all over the web, even called Cobra. Now im working on Suzuki of America to find out why and when they eill be selling the M50's.

But your right, I to just found out that the 09's will fit the 10's. Or so Suzuki tells me so.
I glad to gt back to me to confirm it! Thanks.

Now all I have to do is figure out which bad boys I want.
Think im down to the Cobra straight shots. Or the Hard-Krome Long shots. ( they look awesome, but im affraid they might be a bit to quiet. )

Ride safe

Redback 04-26-2011 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by mapleman286 (Post 7920)
Thanks Redback,

I have been all over the web, even called Cobra. Now im working on Suzuki of America to find out why and when they eill be selling the M50's.

But your right, I to just found out that the 09's will fit the 10's. Or so Suzuki tells me so.
I glad to gt back to me to confirm it! Thanks.

Now all I have to do is figure out which bad boys I want.
Think im down to the Cobra straight shots. Or the Hard-Krome Long shots. ( they look awesome, but im affraid they might be a bit to quiet. )

Ride safe

No probs. I agree it was a challenge finding out any info. The whole "aftermarket" industry seems to live in the USA and because they don't have this model and don't have O2 sensors it becomes very difficult to get information. Just be careful that your new pipes come fitted with O2 sensor ports if you are only changing the pipes and not adding a fuel processor module (which will negate there use anyway from what I can find so far). The pipes I got seemed to be one of the only that come with the o2 sensor ports already welded. I also bought the GMan Industries "Stealth Intake w/Custom K&N Air Filter" but have not fitted it yet until I figure out the best fuel processor otherwise ny bike will run way to lean with all that extra air.
Enjoy your new pipes and let me know what you get.

Redback 04-26-2011 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by Poprivet (Post 7602)
I have a 2010 m50 and I am looking for an after market exhaust does anyone know where I can find them please

Poprivet, thanks. Glad the youtube clip helped

sadib888 04-27-2011 01:56 PM

I just got this car, and want it to be pretty much all ready for summer. So obviously the first thing I did was get an cold air.