Suzuki Forum - Suzuki Enthusiast Forums

Suzuki Forum - Suzuki Enthusiast Forums (https://suzukiforum.com/forum/)
-   Boulevard M95, Boulevard M50 (https://suzukiforum.com/forum/boulevard-m95-boulevard-m50-15/)
-   -   First Bike (https://suzukiforum.com/forum/boulevard-m95-boulevard-m50-15/first-bike-1943/)

dread462 03-09-2009 03:45 PM

First Bike

I went to a dealership last weekend and I fell in love with the M50. I have limited riding and motorcycle knowledge knowhow so wanted to know is there any drawbacks to getting this? Thanks :)

vikingpnut 03-16-2009 04:45 AM

not from my point of view. Mine has been dependable, fun, thrifty,plenty of power and comfortable. My 05 has close to 9000 miles and going strong.

ihuloa 03-17-2009 08:27 PM

the M50 is my first bike also... borrowed a Yamaha Virago 750 to practice on and toook license exam on Honda 250.. the M50 outclesses these guys in looks and performance... I get 50+ mpg ..the mag wheels and lack of chrome there facilitate cleaniong as I woud rather ride than polish.. great bike!

Carbine 12-06-2009 07:44 PM

You guys aren't alone, my first bike is a brand new M50 as well. No regrets yet!

alexJohnston 06-08-2010 01:17 PM

m50 is my second bike but would have been much easier on me learning than the crotch rocket I had. be safe out there.

bitz 10-12-2012 07:46 AM

Buying a used bike takes patience and a little knowledge of what to look for, but there are great deals to be had in preowned so consider the following when start looking. Understand that the bike's fit is very important - a bike might be a great deal, but it won't do much for you if it's too big or too small.

roz2477 10-22-2012 03:54 AM

While this subject can be very touchy for most peoplesantak ups price in Pakistan, my opinion is that there has to be a middle or common ground that we all can find.
apc ups price in PakistanI do appreciate that youve added relevant and intelligent commentary here though. Thank you!

ejakez 11-08-2012 03:46 AM

Great First Bike

I've had my '08 M50 for about 4.5 months now and I drive it to and from work every day down here in San Diego. It's an awesome bike! It's not too heavy (like most cruisers) and it has just the right amount of power. I get about 41-44 MPG (but I can't keep my hand outta the throttle! and SoCal freeways are no place to go slower than 70...) and it has plenty of power to take you well into irrational speeds. I get lots of respect and kudos from American bike riders (I even ride with a couple of 'em) and it never fails me! The only gripes I have are the lack of aftermarket power-adders (good luck trying to find an aftermarket intake...), the heavy-ish steering front-end (I did the MSF BRC course with this bike and my fore-arms looked like Popeye's by the end but this old dude with a blown back did that class with a Honda Fury... poor guy) and some road surfaces can make it feel like you are driving down stairs with the rear shock in the wrong settings. Other than that, it's an awesome bike!

alexJohnston 11-09-2012 06:18 AM

Drawbacks

Originally Posted by dread462 (Post 3919)
I went to a dealership last weekend and I fell in love with the M50. I have limited riding and motorcycle knowledge knowhow so wanted to know is there any drawbacks to getting this? Thanks :)

No man it's the easiest bike in the world to ride and maintain. Only things worth mention are that the stock seat has a retarded plastic lump in the center where your tailbone goes so you can do a "lumpectomy" or get a new saddle (I love my mustang) and if you're tall or riding long distances handlebar risers and forward controls might be worthwhile - but because of some fellow owners that do some machine work...those are simple and inexpensive mods.

ConradMccar 12-01-2012 02:05 AM

thank you for your article,My problem has been resolved.