Suzuki Forum - Suzuki Enthusiast Forums

Suzuki Forum - Suzuki Enthusiast Forums (https://suzukiforum.com/forum/)
-   Boulevard M95, Boulevard M50 (https://suzukiforum.com/forum/boulevard-m95-boulevard-m50-15/)
-   -   forward controls on 2008 M50 (https://suzukiforum.com/forum/boulevard-m95-boulevard-m50-15/forward-controls-2008-m50-1631/)

dirtydragn3 08-24-2008 12:04 AM

forward controls on 2008 M50

Help I need forward controls for my 2008 M50, having trouble finding them. Has anyone putthem on and where or what brand. Any info would help alot, thanks.

vikingpnut 08-24-2008 11:43 AM

RE: forward controls on 2008 M50

I haven't done that at this time (2005 m50). I've been riding mine for about 8 months now and find myself pretty happy with the standard controls and added highway pegs. If it's you're just tall and need them, try customcruisers.com.

dirtydragn3 08-25-2008 07:09 AM

I'm 5'11" and I do not like having my feet directly under my knees. Does it matter if the site you gave me is UK? I don't think it matters but not sure, I never ordered anything from a UK site before. And did you put your high way pegs on the frame or do you have freeway bars? Any pic's of your set up? thanks a lot for the website I'll look at it.

ihuloa 01-22-2009 07:09 PM

do you have problems getting foot under the lever to shift?. my 10 EEEE have a difficult time,. feels like gotta angle foot in to shift..

I'm lookin for highway bars and foot pegs also. tehy make ridin so much more comfortable. would like to see what tehy look like on an M50 tho

snowgoose 02-21-2009 11:44 AM

This guy does a really good economical forward kit http://www.johnskits.com/

vikingpnut 03-15-2009 04:11 AM

ihuloa, your shifter shoul be sitting on a spindle rod, you can loosen the bolt and pull the
the pedal off and then just rotate it up and slide it back on. Same goes for the brake pedal.

ihuloa 03-17-2009 08:31 PM

mahalo vikingpnut.. will try it out this weekend.. also did u remove the baffles? I saw the you tube video loks easy to remove but want to make sure I dont lose any performance.

Margo-the-Maurader 03-20-2009 10:17 PM

debaffling?

What's the purpose for debaffling besides just making the bike louder? I doubt you get any performance gains, because the manufacturer would have just used bigger pipes. Plus, even if you rip out the narrower pipe that runs through the muffler, the opening from the engine is still the same size, so what exactly does defaffling accomplish?

I'm a total newbie to bikes and am not mechanically inclined so I may be missing something here. My only source of experience on this matter was when I took my Mazda RX-7 to have a new exhaust installed thinking it would deliver more power only to find out that it makes zero (potentially negative) difference in performance and about a 100% difference in noise - unless of course you drastically modify the output / pressure of the engine somehow and need to compensate on the exhaust side.

- Totally Baffled :confused:

PS sorry for being off topic and talking about a filthy car.

vikingpnut 03-23-2009 06:17 AM

ihuola, no I haven't debaffled yet, but still thinking on it. Margo, the performance gains are minimal for debaffling. The goal is mostly a louder deaper sound I think. For some it's a rider thing, who wants to be listening to the import neneneneneene instead of the deaper vroom vroom like a HD. Besides that though, if you've ever almost been hit by a car who didn't see you...well if they hear you better they look for you more. Having said all this, I've 9000 mi on my M50, and the exhaust is definitely louder then when I first started riding it, so I may not debaffle. I'll decide that this summer.

ihuloa 03-27-2009 01:33 PM

hi vikingpnut.

by performance I meant backfiring .. especially when backng off on the throttle...

as for the gains, yeah the sounds r prob the biggest., smal island here no stop lights. have 5k miles on the m50 almost been hit several times by old folks who glance but dont see.. so if they hear .or feel the sounds,.. helps me!

I think Ill start by drilling holes .saw one where the rider drilled 4 half inch holes around each pipe.

been seeing the news bout weather on the mainland. nasty.