Suzuki Forum - Suzuki Enthusiast Forums

Suzuki Forum - Suzuki Enthusiast Forums (https://suzukiforum.com/forum/)
-   Boulevard S83, Boulevard S50, Boulevard S40 (https://suzukiforum.com/forum/boulevard-s83-boulevard-s50-boulevard-s40-17/)
-   -   bought 2005 Suzuki S83 last night (https://suzukiforum.com/forum/boulevard-s83-boulevard-s50-boulevard-s40-17/bought-2005-suzuki-s83-last-night-1688/)

MS_Steve 09-19-2008 09:38 AM

bought 2005 Suzuki S83 last night

Just bought a 2005 Suzuki S63 1400 Boulevard last night....
yeeeoooow-zaaa.... that thing is a hoot, and really fun to ride.
Really good shape and clean... only 7500 miles.
Found this site and registered, I'll post a "Hello, how ya doing", since I'm sure I'll be back here many times in the near future.
This is my 7th bike> Honda 90.... Kawasaki 100... Kawasaki 500... Yamaha XS1100... Honda V65 Magna... and a Honda 700 Interceptor.... so I got a few miles under my pelt, though it's been a decade give or take since I've last owned a scooter. I'm stoked!!!
Headed out to get some insurance and tags before making a day of it.

MS_Steve

vikingpnut 09-19-2008 11:36 AM

RE: bought 2005 Suzuki S83 last night

Congrats and enjoy. keep the rubber side down!

burdicda 03-15-2009 06:28 AM

Welcome to the Fun

The S83 is basically the last hoorah for Suzuki as far as I'm concerned
I likewise have ridden my whole life and owned dozens of bikes..
I own a 2003 VS1400 Intruder...which is what had been renamed S83
the parts and bikes are almost identical....

I understand the S83 has been discontinued as of 2008 so stock up on
parts.

I went in to a dozen different dealerships and all you see now is the lemming look
fat fat fat motorcycles.....with huge fat gas tanks.....monster engine casings....that are as big
as the entire engine on my intruder.....

What's wrong with motorcycles today is the me-too mentality....nobody will take a chance and be
different....look what happened with the PT cruiser.....they let a young designer loose and took a chance
and wham huge sales.....somebody somewhere needs to get some balls in the design department
of the major motorcycle mfrs...and come out with what is fun to ride and offer some old-school
styling.....I think the new Honda Fury chopper will be a runaway hit....it's just too bad they all can't
offer more choices and take chances....instead of waiting for one to do that and then me-too and
hurry up and catch up on design...

Man I love my Intruder (S83)
It's the best of all worlds....
It is a sassy/fiesty street fight starter among cruisers.....damn thing can pick the front end up from 2nd gear
It has the balls cc-wise to ride with the big dogs and not have to stay on the porch....1400cc
It is old school pullbacks....king/queen seat.....sissy bar.....raked looking front end.....and slim slim slim
Until I found the intruder I thought the only bike I could ever own that had that retro chopperesqe look
would be a 70's era sportster......

I fell in love with that easyrider slim english racer bicycle looking motorcycle.....
and now that I have ridden my Intruder 3000 miles in a month.....half a dozen trips to Daytona during
bike week.....every single day...and night riding riding riding.....

I test rode every Harley made at the test rides at Bike Week last month and wow I said
"Thank God I didn't fall for that keep the legend alive bullsh*t" and didn't buy a sportster.....
no wonder they give you every penny you paid back...when You jump from a 7k to a 20k+ next
model up....

those things suck bad for a ride.....handle bars faaar forward.....shifter almost behind you
back humped waaay forward to ride......
after the ride they asked me how was the ride....I told them I wouldn't take one of those to the grocery
store....and that I was spoiled rotten owning a 1400cc Intruder......

burdicda

MS_Steve 03-17-2009 04:32 AM

Pardon me.... Intruder coming through

Originally Posted by burdicda (Post 3944)
I test rode every Harley made at the test rides at Bike Week last month.... those things suck bad for a ride.....handle bars faaar forward.....shifter almost behind you back humped waaay forward to ride...... after the ride they asked me how was the ride.... I told them I wouldn't take one of those to the grocery store.... and that I was spoiled rotten owning a 1400cc Intruder... burdicda

ha ha ha ha... belch.... Did they wrestle you to the ground, and ban you from DestinationDaytona after that 'slip of the tongue' ?? heh heh heh.

I christened my 'Intruder' S83 with a ride down to Daytona for it's maiden road trip....
I think I saw you down there. Were you wearing a black T-shirt??? I'm pretty sure it was you!
Anyhooozel.... I appreciate your confirmation of excellent choice when jumping back into the scooter scene.

MississippiSteve

arif10092 08-09-2010 01:59 PM

Educational web design

Web design.

We have experience working with the educational sector since 1998. Our creative team includes experienced teachers. We have worked with several Central London universities and schools. We also program great educational games in Adobe Flash.