Suzuki Forum - Suzuki Enthusiast Forums

Suzuki Forum - Suzuki Enthusiast Forums (https://suzukiforum.com/forum/)
-   Boulevard S83, Boulevard S50, Boulevard S40 (https://suzukiforum.com/forum/boulevard-s83-boulevard-s50-boulevard-s40-17/)
-   -   S83 Squeaky Brakes (https://suzukiforum.com/forum/boulevard-s83-boulevard-s50-boulevard-s40-17/s83-squeaky-brakes-889/)

kilokato 04-23-2007 11:05 PM

S83 Squeaky Brakes

Does anybody have a solution for my S 83's embarassing squeaky brakes problem? I've never had a bike to have squeaky brakes. The front disc seems worse than the rear disc. Even when you dont apply the brakes, but not as noticeable then. This is a brand new bike with 150 miles on it!Different pads or thatpaste you put on car disc pads?

susuki_s83 06-17-2007 06:54 AM

RE: S83 Squeaky Brakes

I have the same problem. I just tap the front brakes when it starts making noise, and it usually stops.

bandit1200 09-21-2007 11:46 PM

Looking for the way how to resolve the problem too.

s502007 12-03-2007 07:28 PM

I have an s50 and the front disc squeaks when cold and after hard use after a cool down.
I have found the pad are excessive in the amount of dust produced and consequently the powder seems to collect behind the caliper shielding rather quickly, Dust will cause brakes to make noises as well as pulsate, I am going to change pads before next season to a different compound(my favorite for cars EBC, seems they started with motorcycles) probably a Red Stuff compound,non organic,low low dust and super stopping!
I have found if you washout the disc caliper with a forceful stream of water it helps..a 40 mile cruise around town seems to dirty them up real quick..

Scarab92614 12-07-2007 09:24 PM

you have glazed pads-warped disc if ur getting a pulsating sensation(or gas has built up under the brake pad)--heavy braking causes this or riding the brakes. real easy way to get the glaze off is to back the bike several times and apply the brakes with enough force to stop but not lock the wheels. the brake pads should hover over the disc but not make contact like drum brakes do. if the pads are in constant contact with the disc u will get glazed pads and a very hot disc. Ecessive dust tells me that the pads are constantly against the rotors or u are just braking hard at every single stop u can come to. BTW i actually wouldnt recommend using a Forcefull stream of water on a bike a showering effect yea but not forcefull--forcefull stream can penetrate seals-letting water into vital areas of the bike electrical-airbox-even brakesystem on some bikes.

Scarab92614 12-07-2007 09:26 PM

meant to add in if the calipers are damaged or not setup right it could be having the pads in direct contact with the rotor--the pads should hover over the rotors but not contact them until u put on the brakes.