Suzuki Forum - Suzuki Enthusiast Forums

Suzuki Forum - Suzuki Enthusiast Forums (https://suzukiforum.com/forum/)
-   General Motorcycle Tech (https://suzukiforum.com/forum/general-motorcycle-tech-39/)
-   -   susuki 1400 intruder won't start (https://suzukiforum.com/forum/general-motorcycle-tech-39/susuki-1400-intruder-wont-start-1446/)

Jim 04-27-2008 10:15 AM

susuki 1400 intruder won't start

I was jumping my bike this spring to get it started and after it started i let it run for awhile then when i gave it gas it died and now i have no lights and it won't do anything. I checked my fuse box and everyhting is ok there. Don't know what else to check.

trackfodder 01-12-2016 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by Jim (Post 3018)
I was jumping my bike this spring to get it started and after it started i let it run for awhile then when i gave it gas it died and now i have no lights and it won't do anything. I checked my fuse box and everyhting is ok there. Don't know what else to check.

Make sure the clutch and stand switches are connected

Alotof Poutine 09-07-2017 10:17 PM

Hey man, I can't for the life of me figure out how to post a thread on here. i see no 'new thread' button. But I see you have the same bike I have. What i need to know is; how do i access the fuse box? And if it is beneath the left or right cover, how do you take those off?

trackfodder 09-07-2017 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by Alotof Poutine (Post 18975)
Hey man, I can't for the life of me figure out how to post a thread on here. i see no 'new thread' button. But I see you have the same bike I have. What i need to know is; how do i access the fuse box? And if it is beneath the left or right cover, how do you take those off?

The fuse box is under the left cover . You have to remove the seats to access the 2 screws and lift it up from the lower upturned tab. The fuse cover is behind the coils. As far as mine is concerned, it looks like the big ole + battery cable isn't conducting to the starter solenoid. It has a feeder coming off somewhere that is going to screw up pulling a new cable in with the old one. These scoots are not user-friendly. I may try to run a 2nd cable and hope the spur is still making contact to the battery end.
On further looking at the wiring diagram I think I will also try to connect to the red wire at the 25 A main fuse as well in my jumping. That should take care of it for sure. When I ran the starter, it made about 1/2 revolution and everything went dead, having a continuity breakdown

Alotof Poutine 09-07-2017 11:19 PM

Thanks for your reply. Yeah I was hoping I wouldn't have to remove the seats. I recently fixed a gas tank hose leak and had to remove the seats many times to finally fix the problem. Being a novice mechanic, it is all but too easy to not get it right the first time.
I think there are other fuses besides the main fuse box on the Intruder. Do you know? Like one by the battery. I started mine up today and it just kaputski on me. Hoping it was a derelict surcharge with an easily replaceable little fuse.

trackfodder 09-12-2017 08:46 PM

Good news. Many are having trouble with the system going totally dead. I solved mine. There is a black wire that goes directly to ground from the battery BUT the one that feeds the systems is a spur connected to it. It is black and white. I suspect I pulled it apart removing/replacing the rear carb.
I accessed one of the B/W connections at the tail light in the rubber thing behind the big rubber box under the seat.I jumpered from the tail light feed to engine ground and IT IS ALIVE, ALIVE ! Now waiting for the battery to charge. Then I can see if cleaning the rear idle jet solved my original problem. If I canīt access the ground socket without disassembling the scoot, will run an auxilleary to ground from a B/W wire

Alotof Poutine 10-11-2017 06:45 PM

Fixed it

So I am glad to see you fixed yours and I am assuming it is all good now since you haven't left anymore messages.
As for me, twas but a scratch...a ground wire terminal riiiiight at the battery terminal because when I changed that battery last year I did not tighten it enough. Suzuki did not make it easy to do so as the battery has to dangle 1/3rd of the way down in order to just barely be able to squeeze a tool to tighten. Now....I wonder f this is why my odometer light and my rear brake light stopped working, being exposed to sudden disconnections from the battery?