Suzuki Forum - Suzuki Enthusiast Forums

Suzuki Forum - Suzuki Enthusiast Forums (https://suzukiforum.com/forum/)
-   GS500F, GSX-R1000, GSX-R750, GSX-R600 (https://suzukiforum.com/forum/gs500f-gsx-r1000-gsx-r750-gsx-r600-11/)
-   -   gsxr 600 electrical (https://suzukiforum.com/forum/gs500f-gsx-r1000-gsx-r750-gsx-r600-11/gsxr-600-electrical-102/)

gsxr 600 rider 06-13-2005 03:49 PM

gsxr 600 electrical

can you help? pulling into the drive way our bike's electrical systems seemed funky...tac, speedometer etc. went out bike died then all of a sudden we had power again drove it up the drive way and that was it. bike wouldn't start again. The regulator was replaced and we got 600 miles out of it so far this year, the same thing happened again...any one ever run into this problem? would the altenator be killed at this point?? Help please

Devildog1985 07-05-2005 08:09 PM

RE: gsxr 600 electrical

Man if I could bother you to help me I'd be foever greatful, your problem sounds almost like the problem I have. do you have any troubleshooting tips I could go of of. My bike was running, then the next morning when I went to start it back up it wouldn't start back up. tried cleaning carbs and replaced plugs, I have spark and fuel, just don't have a bike that runs.

GSXRBOY 07-12-2005 07:28 AM

You have fuel/spark and it wont run???? Assuming you have spark then that should void almost any electrical problem out.

What exactly do you 2 mean when the bike doesn't start?
Does it crank and start to catch but won't fully start?
Does it crank with no sense of combustion?
Does it sit there with no cranking?

Is the engine hot when these problems occur?

gsxr 600 rider 07-12-2005 11:13 AM

HI. No the bike will start and the bike will run. the battery isn't charging. Last year we went for a bike ride, came home and the gages droped and the bike sputtered then shut off...then started up again. The bike didn't run for a while after that I replaced the regulator this season we got 500+ miles out of if then the same thing happened. any thoughts?

seewhite1 10-10-2007 02:40 PM

your post was some time ago but i thought i would respond anyway. i'm having the same problem with my 2000 GSXR 600. riding down the road and the electrical stuff on the dash shuts off...(no horn, no high beam indicator light, no tacometer, no speedo, etc). let the bike sit for 30 minutes the first time and it started up. battery is only 2 months old (first battery lasted 7 years). rode the bike for another hour then it did it again. this time i waited 20 minutes and it started again. although i had to push start it as the battery didn't have enough juice to kick it over. let the bike sit over night and went riding the following day only to have the bike die again...this time only 5 minutes into the ride. battery was even weaker after 20 minute wait and wouldn't kick over. towed the bike home that day.

i'm assuming that the alternator is busted but wondered if figured out the problem.

chenelle1000 01-24-2008 11:09 AM

BIKE DONT HAVE ALTERNATORS, THEY HAVE RECTIFIERS WHICH CHARGES THE BATTERY WHILE YOU RIDE. AND THAT PROBLEM MY BE THAT YOUR BATTERY TERMINALS ARE LOOSE!!! THIS USUALLY HAPPENS WHEN YOU STUNT ALOT OR JUST DONT CHECK THEM OFTEN. THEY BIKE WILL USUALLY CUT OFF ON AN INCLINE OR IS YOU ROLL OVER A BUMP IN THE ROAD. CHECK IT OUT!