Suzuki Forum - Suzuki Enthusiast Forums

Suzuki Forum - Suzuki Enthusiast Forums (https://suzukiforum.com/forum/)
-   Suzuki Cruisers (https://suzukiforum.com/forum/suzuki-cruisers-14/)
-   -   bucking in gear (https://suzukiforum.com/forum/suzuki-cruisers-14/bucking-gear-513/)

bull 08-11-2006 10:54 PM

bucking in gear

I have a 2006 boulvard C50T, I seem to have a lot of play in my gear train. when traving thru town at lower speeds, I get a bucking
or lurching of bike, I have tryed various gears but still not any smoother. Does any one out there have this problem also.
Maybe perhaps it is just a traight of this model, I am a former Honda rider.

EastTexan 12-28-2006 01:56 PM

RE: bucking in gear

I too have a similar problem but with one additional one though. I own a 2006 C90 with only a 150 miles on it at this time. Starting at about 60 miles on it and going until about 130 miles (over a 2 day period - Sat-Sun) on it I get pretty much that same sensation at lower RPM's or speeds(lugging speeds, i.e. about 10 to 25 mph in first and second gear or a sensation that it has overdrive at lower speeds, a sense that it is switching in and out of overdrive gear somehow, usually in second gear at close to stall speed or at or about a slow coasting speed). The additional problem is when (usually) taking off in first gear at a low to medium RPM the trans will come (as in jump) outof first gear.

It will actually make a popping (or near harsh) clunking sound when jumping out of gear. I will toe shift it back into first quickly and usually proceed without much problem (at first) but just before I put it into the local Suzuki dealer shop it took to jumping out of first two and three times at a time in a row until I built up enough speed and RPM to shift into second. The last time I rode it I ended up running into a pile of loose gravel in the parking lot at my job and ended up laying it down on the left side after shifting it back into first gear for the third time. Caused minor damage to the bike and my left elbow and knee. No real biggie on those two points. (Repair work completed by me since the shop denied responsibility and my new skin is growing back nicely. Heh heh.)

Dealer service tech's drove it for 21 miles (increased mileage on the odometer) and proclaimed that my complaint was unfounded and thus any problem I experienced was apparently due to operator error. So I decided to trailer it home since they said no repair work was done. After unloading it I drove it into the garage at home and right off the bat it jumped out of first gear again even before I could get it into the garage.

Anyone have any idea as I'm wondering if I should take my bike to a non-affiliated independent cycle repair shop to get this problem looked at and hopefully resolved since my Suzuki dealer shop is denying my complaint.

Scarab92614 05-01-2007 12:25 AM

Only thing I can think of if it keeps popping out of gear is if you arent fully putting it into gear from neutral. Ive done that from time to time where I havnt pushed the shifter down far enough or lifted it. As for the shaft jacking that you are describing-if u are in a high gear with way too low rpms you will be lugging the engine and with any vehicle motorcycle, car, or truck lugging is a bad idea as it can damage the engine. Lugging will cause the bike to jump and shake and cause jerking and lurching at low speeds. As for any repair work you have done-the shop is only responsible for any repairs that IT does not the owner of the bike. And if the shop cannot find anything wrong with it within a reasonable amount of mileage-then that would make me wonder if it is operator malfunction.
[align=left] [/align]

Scarab92614 05-01-2007 12:26 AM

BTW I just got a new M50 Limited. No complaints soo far.
[align=left] [/align]

susuki_s83 11-03-2007 08:31 PM

I have an 07 S83 w/ gear requirements: keep the oil filled; check it often! I found going over bumps would cause rev's; shifting would be clunky... I check the oil ever 100 miles or so, and keep it full.