Suzuki Forum - Suzuki Enthusiast Forums

Suzuki Forum - Suzuki Enthusiast Forums (https://suzukiforum.com/forum/)
-   Suzuki Forenza (https://suzukiforum.com/forum/suzuki-forenza-36/)
-   -   Answer to Forenza DRL Removal !!!!! (https://suzukiforum.com/forum/suzuki-forenza-36/answer-forenza-drl-removal-447/)

SuperZuki 06-16-2006 02:07 AM

Answer to Forenza DRL Removal !!!!!

Hey everyone. I am an avid do it "yourselfer" in electronics and can do a lot of modifactions and additions to my vehicles. I recently purchased a new 2006 Forenza Sedan and I'm currently learning the basics about the car. I discovered how to disable the DRL's so that when I add my new HID lights I will not have to worry about the low voltage until the true headlights are on. This also works if you just want to disable the DRL's without adding HID lights.

This is how it works and how easy it is to do:

1. Look underneath where the hood release latch is.
2. Directly behind it, there is a black box attached to a metal bracket.
3. There is a plug that the wires are facing towards the firewall
4. It should be further specified that the connector is black AND blue. (Blue
inserts on each side of the clip)
5. Simply tilt the clip towards you, being careful not to break anything, and it'll unclip from the
base and you can wiggle it out slowly.
6. Once you have disconnected that plug; there you go, no more DRL's :-)

Note: Be very careful when disconnecting the plug it is in an awkward position and you don't want to break the connector. After I disconnected the plug my headlights only turn on when I want them to, with switch on the steering column. No more automatic DRL's. Yippee. No need to run any wires for the parking brake, an no loss of any other functions for this vehicle.

I hope this can help.

Jeremy Harper 10-02-2012 02:37 PM

Do you feel that this would be the same process for the 2004 Forenza as well?

David Morales 01-25-2017 01:29 AM

Originally Posted by SuperZuki (Post 1148)
Hey everyone. I am an avid do it "yourselfer" in electronics and can do a lot of modifactions and additions to my vehicles. I recently purchased a new 2006 Forenza Sedan and I'm currently learning the basics about the car. I discovered how to disable the DRL's so that when I add my new HID lights I will not have to worry about the low voltage until the true headlights are on. This also works if you just want to disable the DRL's without adding HID lights.

This is how it works and how easy it is to do:

1. Look underneath where the hood release latch is.
2. Directly behind it, there is a black box attached to a metal bracket.
3. There is a plug that the wires are facing towards the firewall
4. It should be further specified that the connector is black AND blue. (Blue
inserts on each side of the clip)
5. Simply tilt the clip towards you, being careful not to break anything, and it'll unclip from the
base and you can wiggle it out slowly.
6. Once you have disconnected that plug; there you go, no more DRL's :-)

Note: Be very careful when disconnecting the plug it is in an awkward position and you don't want to break the connector. After I disconnected the plug my headlights only turn on when I want them to, with switch on the steering column. No more automatic DRL's. Yippee. No need to run any wires for the parking brake, an no loss of any other functions for this vehicle.

I hope this can help.

HI WILL Disconnecting that connector stop the ac and the power windows ?because i cut those wires instead of disconnecting like a dummy and after i had no headlights no power windows and no ac compression which was horrible until i soldered the wires back..but would really like to know