preowned forenza

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2006, 11:09 AM
Default preowned forenza

I just bought a preowned forenz, l it is an 06. It had under 12,000 miles when I got it. And I was wondering if there is anything I should know about the car or be aware of? Please reply ty.

Old 07-28-2007, 09:36 PM
Default RE: preowned forenza

I've sure been happy with my 04 sedan.

Had a check engine light come on, AutoZone checked it and couldn't get a code, reset it and no more issue. 80,000 miles and it drives as tightly as my 05 wagon when it was new.

Old 10-26-2008, 06:53 PM

DrDaveMac, We have a 04 Sedan and the check engine light just came on. Could you tell me how to do the reset. My Hubby has checked everything he could think of and nothing has shut it off. . He did get the oil changed on Sat.(10/18) and then on Friday(10/24) I picked up 6 bags of Pet Bread from the Bakery and put in his trunk and now the check engine light won't go off. Can you suggest anything Thanks in Advance.

Old 10-26-2008, 08:47 PM

Their code reader at AutoZone (and the one I subsequently bought from them for under $50) includes a button that resets the codes. However, simply turning the light off will not solve the problem. In my case, a few months later, the light came on and stayed on, and that time it did store a code. Turned out to be a purge valve failure.

Most chain auto parts stores will read the codes for you for free, usually hoping to sell you some parts in the event they are needed. If they reset the MIL (Malfunction Indicator Light) and it comes back on, usually sooner than later, something probably needs a repair. Sometimes it is as simple as a tune up, sometimes something more serious.

You didn't mention how many miles you have now or what service has been done since you got the car. All this information helps us make a better guess about what the problem might be. Go have the code(s) read and post them. That will make it easy.