Suzuki Forum - Suzuki Enthusiast Forums

Suzuki Forum - Suzuki Enthusiast Forums (https://suzukiforum.com/forum/)
-   Suzuki Forenza (https://suzukiforum.com/forum/suzuki-forenza-36/)
-   -   valve cover (https://suzukiforum.com/forum/suzuki-forenza-36/valve-cover-1704/)

roobbiie22 09-27-2008 04:48 PM

valve cover

I have a 2004 suzuki forenza and it a piece! about to break 70,000 and I've got a ton of issues......It has a hard start and when I'm driving down the road it shuts off like its getting no fuel or to much air! I have to wait close to an hour for it to start again..........any ideas what it could be?

DrDaveMac 09-28-2008 11:18 PM

RE: valve cover

Over 100K on mine and runs like new.

Are there any codes or is the MIL (Check Engine Light) on? Most parts stores will pull the codes for free, or you can buy your own code reader for under$50. This gives you a starting place.

What kind of maintenance have you done? Plugs, air filter, fuel filter, oil change. . . all these aresimple things that can improve performance and must be checked on a regular basis.

Have you replaced the timing belt? You don't want that to break on you, because it will ruin the engine.

abass4 01-12-2009 08:30 PM

I have a 2004 Forenza that has less than 41K miles on it and my head lights have stopped working, my break lights do not work, the value cover gasket needs to be replaced and oh yeah my check engine light is on as well. Honestly in my opinon I will never purchase another Suzuki. I purchased this car brand new. think I was ripped off by the dealer who was dumping this car on me to get rid of it. As i have seen there are no manuals on it. It is almost like they are forcing you to take it to the dealer. what a way to generate income huh.

DrDaveMac 01-12-2009 09:42 PM

The manager at AutoZone tells me the Forenza is covered in the online manual subscription called All Manuals. I inquired of the Haynes people a couple of years ago, and they sais they had no plans at that time to issue a manual; however, since there are 5 years' worth of Forenzas out there and it is the end of the mnodel line, I would expect to see a manual sometime this year.

DrDaveMac 01-27-2009 09:42 PM

I just happened to think . . . there was a recall on the headlight issue. There are a couple of posts on here about it. I had both my 2004 and 2005 done. Took less than an hour. Call ahead and see that they have the mod kit on hand first.

ORIGINAL: abass4

I have a 2004 Forenza that has less than 41K miles on it and my head lights have stopped working, my break lights do not work, the value cover gasket needs to be replaced and oh yeah my check engine light is on as well. Honestly in my opinon I will never purchase another Suzuki. I purchased this car brand new. think I was ripped off by the dealer who was dumping this car on me to get rid of it. As i have seen there are no manuals on it. It is almost like they are forcing you to take it to the dealer. what a way to generate income huh.