2002 Grand Vitara 2TD

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2007, 04:04 PM
Default 2002 Grand Vitara 2TD

Hi there,
I am new to this particular forum. I am wondering if someone could help me. I have a 2002 Grand Vitara 2TD. W while ago i have the engine management light come on, and the car went into safe mode. I read the codes and got a code forthe mass air flow circuit. So i checked the mass air flow sensor and saw that the chip in the sensor was broken, so i bought a new one and cleared the codes. Everything seemed to go fine for a while. I was out today and went through a puddle, as some of the roads today were really wet. This then caused the engine management light to come on again. I then read the fault codes and got one for the fuel pump primary circuit. I then cleared this code, and the code for the mass air flow re appeared, although the engine management light is still out. I am now at the end of my teahter with it. Has anybody had any similar problems or does anybody know how to sort it.

Regards
Stuart

Old 05-28-2007, 03:39 PM
Default RE: 2002 Grand Vitara 2TD

What part ofthe world are you from?
I expect it is the Eight valve Peugeot you have? You did not give the P code I expect the fault code is P0221.
I have had this also and had a very competent Dieselshop say it is a ghost fault.
I know that Peugeot had similar issues with the 306 diesel and they have a buletin requiring extra earth connections to the air mass meter. But be carefull as I dont know if the wiring is the same.
My experience of this vehicle would not be bullet proof engine electronicswise and something tells me that I am not alone. But it is grand when going right.

Service here is poor! We are currently using a dealer 65 miles away! It would be deframatory to speak of those locatednear to us
So much for the importer standards. If they managed the thing to allow quality dealers give quality service and to make a return on investment their representatives would be better. What I want is a dealer that I can trust who is supported to a very high standard and delivers a good service. We dont really need yards of marble just acceptable facilities.We will now get down from our hobby horse!

Regards
John

Old 09-23-2017, 10:20 AM

my 2002 grand vitara hesatates the computer said mass air flow sensor