Suzuki Forum - Suzuki Enthusiast Forums

Suzuki Forum - Suzuki Enthusiast Forums (https://suzukiforum.com/forum/)
-   Suzuki Sportbikes (https://suzukiforum.com/forum/suzuki-sportbikes-9/)
-   -   How to change Sony Alpha a37 AVCHD to ProRes for working with FCP (https://suzukiforum.com/forum/suzuki-sportbikes-9/how-change-sony-alpha-a37-avchd-prores-working-fcp-5984/)

JhonBong 03-07-2013 08:55 PM

How to change Sony Alpha a37 AVCHD to ProRes for working with FCP

http://www.brorsoft.com/images/how-t...a37-to-mac.gif

a37 SLT-A37K is an excellent camera from Sony Alpha DSLR series. Whether you're shooting stunning 16.1MP still images or Full HD video, you'll be sure to nail the shot with Tele-zoom High Speed Shooting at up to 7fps, complete with continuous auto focus. With superb low-light performance, you'll walk away with richly-detailed photos even in challenging lighting conditions. The included 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 zoom lens features smooth and silent AF operation with a built-in Smooth Autofocus Motor (SAM) to handle the full range of your most common shots.

However the camera is an old camera, some users can't find a way to help them to import the recorded AVCHD .mts/.m2ts files to Mac for playing or editing with Final Cut Pro. For example"I have had my a37 for about 2 months and finding it a great camera, but just recently been having videos importing problems. I haven't found a simple way to import the results onto my Mac."

AVCHD is a popular format for HD cameras, it is not a good playing and editing format for Mac software. To easily get it to FCP for editing, you'd better change the codec to the best FP video format, like ProRes 422. It menas you need a professional AVCHD Convert tool. If you have not got one, I believe the top Mac AVCHD to FCP Converter can give you a big help. I have use it for a long time and I haven't met any issues with it. The included profile is easy to find and choose. The most important is that I can get any video qualiy I want.

If you have met errors with importing AVCHD to FCP, you can follow the below the AVCHD to ProRes conversion guide.

http://www.brorsoft.com/images/how-t...400-to-fcp.gif

Step 1: Go to download and install the top AVCHD for Mac Converter on your Mac computer. Launch it to load your MTS/M2TS to it for converting.
Tip: Check the “Merge into one” box for joining AVCHD clips together if you need.

Step 2: Click on the pull down menu of “Format” and select Final Cut Pro > Apple ProRes 422 as the output format. Like Apple ProRes 422 HQ is also the proper choice.

Step 3: Press the “Settings” icon to freely set video resolution, frame rate, bitrate, etc freely. You need to change the frame rate to 30fps for easy editing in FCP.

Step 4: Click conversion button to start transcoding Sony Alpha a37 AVCHD to ProRes on Mac OS X.

When the conversion is completed, you can get the final output files effortlessly. Now, copy and edit Sony SLT-A37K footage on Mac without any incompatible issues.

Related guides:
Transfer Sony Alpha A99 1080p MTS for iMovie editing
Transfer Sony Alpha A99 1080p MTS for iMovie editing
Ingest Sony Alpha NEX-F3 1080p MTS to Final Cut Pro 7 on Mac
Easy way to transfer Sony A99 1080 60p AVCHD footages to FCP on Mac
Importing .mts AVCHD files from Sony Alpha DSLR(SLT) Cameras into iMovie
Transcode Sony SLT-A65 AVCHD 1080p files to ProRes for FCP X on Mac OS Lion

JhonBong 03-28-2013 12:12 AM

Transfer Sony Alpha 1080 60p/50p AVCHD MTS files to iMovie 9/10/11

http://www.brorsoft.com/images/how-t...-to-imovie.gif

More and more AVCHD cameras and camcorders are supporting 1080 50/60p Recording, but more and more users are meetting the incompatible troubles with iMovie in 50/60p AVCHD. Why? The most important reason is iMovie doesn't recognise the standard video format. iMovie only supports videos at 24p, 25p or 30p, 50i or 60i, ect frame rates. If you have got the one of Sony Alpha SLT-A35, A37, A55, A57, A65, A77, A99 AVCHD cameras, you will may want to get a way imput the recorded 1080 60p footages into iMovie 9/10/11 for further editing on your Mac OS X.

From Goolging, you can find some softwares to help you transcode the video to a format for importing to iMovie for editing, but you may find the converted video quality is so terrible. To help you perfectly change 50p/60p AVCHD to iMovie video format with 1080p quality, we show the professional AVCHD to iMovie Converter to you. It has the iMovie default video and audio profile to keep the best quality for the conversion. Besides, the tool has iMOvie's nativ vide format AIC for converting AVCHD to. As we all know the AIc mov is the best HD file format for iMovie. So I believe the program will be your best choice.

http://www.brorsoft.com/images/how-t...-to-imovie.gif

STEP 1: Launch the Mac MTS Converter, then load 60p or 50p AVCHD .MTS/.M2TS files to it via connecting camcorder to iMac with USB cable or directly drag and drop the video if you’ve transferred the .mts files from camera to the Apple hard drive disk.

STEP 2: Click the “Format” option and navigate the mouse cursor to "iMovie and Final Cut Express", whose AIC MOV is the best format.

STEP 3: You can click settings button in the main interface to adjust the output parameters, such as resolution, frame rate, etc. 1920*1080 video size, 30fps(NTSC) or 25fps(PAL)video frame rate are highly recommended.

STEP 4: Click convert button to start transcoding A99/A77/A65/A55/A37/A35 AVCHD to AIC .mov for iMovie 9/10/11 on Mac immediately.

When the 1080 60p/50p to 30p/25p Mac conversion finished, you can easily transfer Sony Alpha 1080 60p/50p AVCHD MTS/M2TS footages to iMovie 9/10/ll for editing with the best quality.

Tips:
1. Normally you can put the camera card in your iMac, or connect your Camera with USB. In both cases in iMovie select Import->from camera to import your MTS files.
2. Click the box "Merge into one" on the main interface to join several MTS/M2TS files.
3. Click Option and tick the box “Shut down the computer after conversion” before conversion starts if you need auto shutdown.

JhonBong 03-28-2013 12:13 AM

Solve trouble with Sony 60p/50p AVCHD recordings in iMovie

http://www.brorsoft.com/images/how-t...-a77-adobe.gif

Sony Alpha SLT A77, after a long time of waiting, has finally come up and successfully caught everyone’s eyes as one of the most fascinating new camera introductions of 2011. It impresses the photographers and shutterbugs with numberless amazing features, including a newly developed Exmor APS HD CMOS sensor with 24.3 effective megapixel resolution, the world's first XGA OLED Tru-Finder viewfinder, 12fps full-resolution shooting and the highest resolution EVF, etc.

In addition, Sony A77’s smooth AVCHD 1080/60p deserves to be mentioned. It is its capability of capturing HD videos at 1080p that catches people’s attention. However, the merits sometimes can also be the demerits. When the Sony A77 users want to edit the Sony Alpha SLT A77 AVCHD 1080p MTS/M2TS in Adobe Premiere CS5.5, the incompatibility will disappointment them. So following is the detailed guide about how to convert Sony A77 AVCHD 1080p MTS/M2TS to Adobe Premiere CS 5.5. Please take through it.

Step 1: Import Sony A77 AVCHD 1080p MTS/M2TS to the top Sony A77 AVCHD 1080p MTS/M2TS to Adobe Premiere CS 5.5 Converter.
Connect your Sony A77 to your Apple with USB2.0. Free download Brorsoft MTS/M2TS Converter for Mac and launch it as the best Sony A77 AVCHD 1080p MTS/M2TS to Adobe Premiere CS 5.5 Converter. You can tick the box in front of the file you want to convert. If it is necessary, you can double click the each file to have a preview.

Tip: If you have multiple 1080p MTS/M2TS files, you can tick the “Merge into one” box to combine the multiple video files into one single file so that you can play these files without interruption.

Step 2: Select the output format which is specialize for Adobe Premiere CS5.5 and set the output folder.
Click the format box and you will get a drop-down list in which the last but one is what you need: Adobe Premiere/Sony Vegas> MOV (AVC) (*.mov). Then you can set the output folder by clicking “Browse” icon as you prefer.

Step 3: Click “Settings” to adjust audio and video parameters.
Click the “Settings” icon and you will get a new interface named “Profile Settings”. You can change the default codec, bit rate, frame rate, sample rate and audio channel according to your needs and optimize the output file quality before converting/transcoding Sony A77 AVCHD to MOV for Adobe Premiere CS5.5 on Mac.

Note: You’d better set the video frame rate as 24fps, video size as 1920*1080 if you attach great importance to high quality and keep stereo channels to keep the best quality for editing in Adobe Premiere CS5.5.
http://www.brorsoft.com/images/how-t...e-premiere.gif

Step 4: Start transcoding your Sony A77 AVCHD 1080p MTS/M2TS to MOV with 24p for Adobe Premiere CS5.5
Click the “Convert” button; it will transcode Sony A77 AVCHD 1080p MTS/M2TS to Adobe Premiere CS5.5.. You can find the process in the “Conversion” interface.
http://www.brorsoft.com/images/how-t...e-premiere.gif

When the conversion process is 100% completed, you can add the output files to Adobe Premiere CS5.5 by clicking “Open” effortlessly. Now you can easily import the converted and/or merged Sony A77 AVCHD 1080p MTS/M2TS to Adobe Premiere CS 5.5 for editing with high quality without any trouble.

Tips:
If you are interested in converting files of other formats or enjoying DVDs and BDs on your portable devices, please link to Brorsoft iMedia Converter for Mac to get more information.

JhonBong 03-28-2013 12:15 AM

Get Sony A99/A77/A65/A55/A37/A35 60p/50p AVCHD to iMovie with best quality

http://www.brorsoft.com/images/how-t...200v-dnxhd.gif

Have you, the Sony HX200V users, met the incompatibility problem with Avid Media Composer when you want to import your Sony HX200V 1080p MTS/M2TS files to Avid Media Composer for editing on Mac? Sony HX200V has the perfect image quality due to its 18.2-megapixel Exmor R CMOS sensors combined with an advanced BIONZ processor to deliver blazing fast AutoFocus speeds of approximately 0.13 seconds in daylight and 0.21 seconds in low-light shooting situations, measured at 3 EV. There is one more fearture worth to be mentioned is that it gives crystal clear HD movie of 1080 at 60p that shows an amazing viewing result. All of the fantastic features catches people's eyes but the incomatibility, which will jump out when you want to edit Sony HX200V AVCHD 1080p files in Avid Media Composer on Mac.

How to deal with the annoying problem? As far as we know, the best codec for editing with Avid Media Composer is DNxHD codec. Then the problem turns to how to convert Sony HX200V AVCHD 1080p files to DNxHD so that the footages can be ingested to Avid Media Composer. Here recommeded Brorsoft MTS/M2TS Converter for Mac for you. Applying it, you can easily and successfully convert Sony HX200V 1080p MTS/M2TS files to DNxHD on Mac by following the steps listed below.

Step1: Import Sony HX200V 1080p MTS/M2TS files to the best AVCHD 1080p to DNxHD Converter for Mac.
Connect your Sony HX200V to your Apple with USB2.0. Launch Sony HX200V AVCHD 1080/60p to DNxHD Converter on Mac and then click the adding button to import your AVCHD files. You can tick the box in front of the file you want to convert. If your MTS/M2TS files have already been transferred to your Apple hard drive, you can easily drag them to the best MTS/M2TS to DNxHD Converter.
Tip: If you have multiple 1080/60p MTS/M2TS files, you can select the “Merge into one” box to merge the MTS/M2TS files into one single file for Avid Media Composer so that you can play these files without interruption.

Step 2: Select an output format for Avid Media Composer and set the output folder.
Click on “Format” and you will get a dropdown menu, then move you pointer to Avid Studio> Avid DNxHD(*.mov). The Avid DNxHD .mov format is the only available format when your Avid Media Composer is installed on Mac OS X Lion. Then you can set the output folder by clicking “Browse” icon as you need.

Step 3: Click “Settings” icon to adjust audio and video parameters.
Click the “Settings” icon and you will go into a new interface named “Profile Settings”. You can adjust codec, bit rate, frame rate, sample rate and audio channel in the interface according to your needs and optimize the output file quality. You can refer to the screen shot below.
Note: You’d better set the video frame rate as 30fps, video size as 1920*1080 and select the audio channels as 5.1 channels to keep the best quality for editing in Avid Media Composer. If you import the converted files via AMA, please set stereo as channels, which will be more suitable for AMA.

http://www.brorsoft.com/images/how-t...a-composer.gif

Step 4: Start converting your Sony HX200V AVCHD 1080/60p MTS/M2TS to DNxHD without loss of quality for Avid Media Composer.
Click the “Convert” button; it will transcode Sony HX200V AVCHD 1080p files to DNxHD for Avid Media Composer on Mac immediately. You can find the process in the “Conversion” interface.

http://www.brorsoft.com/images/how-t...a-composer.gif

After Sony HX200V AVCHD 1080p files to DNxHD Conversion, you can get the Avid Media Composer compatible video files and edit them easliy and effortlessly.

JhonBong 03-28-2013 12:16 AM

Convert Sony Alpha A99/A77/A65/A55 AVCHD files to iMovie with HD quality

Summarry: The post is aim to solve the problem in importing and editing Sony NEX-FS700 1080 60p MTS with Final Cut Pro 7 for Mac OS X users.

I just tested the Sony FS700 MTS clips for my final cut 7. I shot a 1080 60i .mts file and a 1080 60p .mts file. I found 60i .mts worked brilliantly with Log and Transfer, but I could't import 60p clip into FCP 7. I know the 1080 60p is not a standard format. How to get the file to work well with FCP 7? Thanks in Advance.

Sony NEX-FS700(UK) is an advanced and compact 4K Camsorder with a very similar-sized Super 35 CMOS sensor. It is able to shoot full 1080p video in a range of frame rates up to 60p onto SD card/MemoryStick or via the FMU (flash memory unit) port, or it can output 4:2:2 video (with embedded timecode) via HDMI 1.4 or 3G/HD-SDI to an external recording unit. But if you try to bringing the Full HD 60p MTS MTS recordings into FCP 7 for editing, you will find the file is not surpported by FCP.

Why? First, the 1080 60p is a nonstandard editing format, almost video editing softwares can't recognize it, including FCP 6/7 with Log and Transfer. Plus, the recorded file MTS from Sony FS700 uses the AVCHD codec. The codec is not a good editing format either for FCP 7. Then how to make Sony FS700 60p MTS files editable for Final Cut Pro 7? You should know that the FCP's native format is Apple ProRes, so if we can transcode MTS to the native format, we will smoothly make FCP 7 work well with FS700.

After testing, I found Brorsoft MTS to FCP Converter is an easy-to-use software to convert MTS to ProRes on Mac OS X. I have been using it for a long time and I can successfully ingest my 1080 60p MTS footages to FCP 7 every time. It is great that the ingesting process can save rendering time. Beside the covnerted quality is perfect for editing with FCP and playing with QuickTime. If you are planning to edit FS700 MTS clips with FCP 7, you'd better give the app a try.

http://www.brorsoft.com/images/how-t...x700v-fcpx.gif

Guide: Re-encode Sony FS700 AVCHD to ProRes for freely editing with FCP 7 on Mac OS X

Step 1. Download and install the best 60p MTS to ProRes Converter and connet FS700 cam to Mac, or insert the SD or Memor card into the computer.

Step 2. Open the transcode softare and click "File" to load .mts from FS700.

Note: If necessary, you can click "Edit" to edit the file- trim, crop and add special effects to the file.

Step 3. Click on "format" bar, you will see the "Final Cut Pro" menu. The menu has several formats for choosing as the best output format. You'd better choose Apple proRes 422(HQ)(*.mov) to keep the original video qaulity.

http://www.brorsoft.com/images/how-t...p3-mxf-fcp.gif

Tip: If your source file is 1080p, you'd better keep the video frame rate as 30fps, video size as 1920*1080.

Step 4. Start ticking "Convert" button to convert Sony FS700 MTS file for FCP7. As soon as the conversion ends, you can clcik "Open" to get the converted file.

Now, you can directly drag and drop the ProRes MOV file to Finla Cut Pro 7 for further editing on your Mac OS X.

PS:

With the top MTS Converter for FCP, you also can transocde AVCHD/MTS/M2TS clips to compatible formats for editing with iMovie, Adobe PP, Avid MC, FCE, ect. Mac OS X editors.