2007 C90T Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 05:35 PM
Default 2007 C90T Exhaust

Hello all,

New to this forum so I hope you can help me. I have a 2007 C90T and want to put new pipes on it. I`ve been told that I need toput a power commander on and some dealer say I don`t need to. Can anyone help me with this and recommend what type of pipes you are all using. Thank you and hope to get some responces soon.

Old 07-11-2007, 04:20 PM
Default RE: 2007 C90T Exhaust

well i dont know about the power commander but i am fixing to put a set of vance hines straightshots on my 06 C90T. local dealer has a C90T with them already on them and they sound very nice. not to loud but louder than stock. but it all depends on what you want. i have heard alot of goods things about Cobra exhaust as well. but i trust the vance hines brand name.....hope this helps
safe riding

bryan

Old 07-13-2007, 04:22 PM

Thanks for the help, been told that cobras are not the way to go, thinking v&h or hard chrome. Are you doing anything to the fuel system whhen you change the pipes?

Old 07-14-2007, 11:34 PM

Heres what I got from my research. For the loudest look at DG hard krome, expensive and LOUD. For a nice upgrade that is quality and price look at Vance & Hines. Or if you don't want to spend any money de-baffle it.

Old 11-11-2007, 07:42 PM

I have a 06 C50 Custom and i just put on a set of vance and hines straight shots that i picked up off a guy for $200 when i installed them i had to remove the (p.a.i.r.s.)system. from the bike which also cleaned up the look on the left side of the motor where the air pump was. after that the bike ran good but a little lean, i bought and installed a TFI module in my bike (check it out at techlusion.com) it was alot cheaper than a power commamder and does the same thing without the need for a dyno or remapping the fuel injection. IF you are military they have a huge discount for you too but you have to call them on their support # on the website to get it. When you install pipes you on your bike depending on the new pipe diameter, and what your old pipe diameter was is going to determine if you will need to get a TFI or a Power Commander. Basically if you go to pipes that are 2 1/2 inches from ones that were 1 inch you are allowing more air flow through. You will be leaning out the bike, which all bikes run lean from the factory already just to pass emissions easier. You will need to add more fuel via a Power commander or TFI. I prefer the TFI because it hooks up in minutes and anyone could program it (I.E. rotate 4 dials clockwise) where as a PC you need a dyno machine or a LCD screen that cost another $300, a computer, and some knowledge of what a fuel inection map is. A PC also takes about 3-4 hours for and experienced tech to map out, while the TFI takes minutes. Difference in the two is that TFI will basically conert your fuel inection to a carb and allow you to add more fuel just by turning a dial which would act as the Pilot,needle jet,main jet, and a rpm load. Visit the forums and post what you have for intake(stock or modified) exhaust(what kind you put on) and what model and a guy by the name of profueler will tell you what settings to put yours on so all you would need to do is adjust the dials and ride.