Posted a question 2 months ago... read 54 time- no responses

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2021, 07:26 PM
Default Posted a question 2 months ago... read 54 time- no responses

Not sure if I broke some rule or this site just does not have a lot of people responding. My last bike was a BMW K1200 and people could ask anything and have a dozen people respond in a couple days.

I am an new 2017 Boulevard owner--- Kind of surprised no one responded to a horn question. Has anyone upgraded their horn? Any recommendations?

Once I own the bike for a while... and figure out some of the solutions, I will be an active poster and will respond to question I had to deal with.

Looking for advice on 2 things.

Horn-- the stock horn is either shot or not very loud to start with. Is there a replacement horn that current owners would recommend?

Rear Brake Height... Is there an adjustment to lower the height of the rear brake pedal? Or do I just need to pull it off and advance it a few teeth on the spline?

Old 05-04-2021, 04:30 AM
Default Group response

Originally Posted by GaryDZ
Not sure if I broke some rule or this site just does not have a lot of people responding. My last bike was a BMW K1200 and people could ask anything and have a dozen people respond in a couple days.

I am an new 2017 Boulevard owner--- Kind of surprised no one responded to a horn question. Has anyone upgraded their horn? Any recommendations?

Once I own the bike for a while... and figure out some of the solutions, I will be an active poster and will respond to question I had to deal with.

Looking for advice on 2 things.

Horn-- the stock horn is either shot or not very loud to start with. Is there a replacement horn that current owners would recommend?

Rear Brake Height... Is there an adjustment to lower the height of the rear brake pedal? Or do I just need to pull it off and advance it a few teeth on the spline?
group response

i agree I posted a while back about a custom seat or a place where I can call but I have got nothing either.

Old 05-04-2021, 07:44 AM

Rob,
I am just surprised... this site has a fair amount of traffic and people are clicking through the questions. The BMW forum was very responsive and some questions would cause long debates.

Thanks for at least 1 response.

Old 06-17-2021, 06:50 PM

Gary and Rob,
Hey, I'm a noob, too and we noobs gotta stick together!! Noobs of the World, UNITE!!! Yeah?
Anyway, I'm working on an 06 C50 (see my first post above...maybe you have some ideas about my problem) and it certainly does not have any way to "lower" the brake pedal. My take, again, on the 06, is that you'd have to either get a new, shorter pedal or do some serious mod to the existing one to either extend the foot pad down or cut (oh, my god, no, NO!) the shaft and reweld it shorter. I dunno, that's just the C50 that I'm working on, right now.
As to the horn, my main ride is an 02 Yammy VStar 1100 and I had the same issue with it that you're having. A pitiful little puking, mewling, weak croak. I replaced it with an "on demand" air horn. It's been working for me since 2005. It's as loud as US law allows (there is a standard/specification on the loudness allowed on an automotive horn) and it's the bomb AFAIAC. There are a number of vibrating as well as air operated horns that will do the job.
As to the seat, I haven't seen that post but, if you want to spend the money, check out the guys at Mustang bike seats.Lots of others out there and they all make seats to fit the metric magic that we ride.