Question about M90

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2011, 11:01 AM
Default Question about M90

Greetings one and all,
Later in the year around June/July I am hopefully buying a new bike. I have looked around and found that the M90 might be what I'm looking for.
Currently I have a Kawasaki GTR1000 (concours), I'm 6'4 and weigh around 140kg. The GTR is becoming a little to small for my frame.
How will the suspension hold up to my weight, is the stock suspension any good?
I enjoy touring and blatting around town, what is this bike like on touring?
How is it for fuel and reliability?

Thanks,
v

Old 04-01-2011, 09:38 PM
Cool C90t

I'm answering this on the forums for Suzuki cruisers. It's not exactly what you are asking but it's close. I own a C90T and a lot of what I have to say may apply to the M90. The C90 is big enough for anybody, it's a big bike, over 800lbs, you don't want to lay it down! At first when I got this bike 4 years ago I hated it. The transmission is clanky, still is, nature of the beast, it was too quiet, the front shocks bottom out easily and there's no adjustment. The stock horn is a "meep, meep" thing, sounds like a little scooter.

After 3 years, considerable $ and hard work, I now have a great highway cruiser. It's not an easy town bike, don't ever park it nose first into the curb.What I did was swap the exhaust for a 2into one system, fit it wtih a Corbra FI module (a must) run Irridium plugs, install a Rifle fairing and windshield, Cobra Fatty bars and chaps (for cooler wet weather riding), put hardbags on it, decked it out with some extra chrome and the bike is a stunner. and really humps. The worst thing about this bike is the dinky little gas capacity. I have to carry extra gas on long trips to avoid being caught out in the middle of nowhere when gas stations are closed. This 90ccc Vtwin is tough as hell as long as you keep it oiled up and throbs along at 80mph for hours with no issues. It's a comfortable ride if you avoid the potholes and do something about the engine vibration transferred to your right foot. That can get bad after awhile. I put thick rubber pads on the floorboard. It helped. It's a really solid bike all round but it needs "tweaking." This is not a daily urban ride. This is a truck of a bike plenty capable of eating up the highway miles and packing a lot of stuff. I prefer to ride my Yamaha modified 650 Classic around town, goes like stink and is as easy to manouver in city traffic as a fast bycycle but it revvs really high at 65mph + and is a bit vibraty
If I was going to do it all again I'd buy a 2011 Yamaha 950 Tourer..nothing to add or fix. Jay Spragg stelrjay@yahoo.ca.

Old 04-02-2011, 05:06 AM

Thanks for that, I've read a few reviews but still needed imput from someone who actually owns one or something similar.