Rear pegs with boulevard bags

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 06:33 PM
Default Rear pegs with boulevard bags

I hope I placed this in the proper area.

Can anyone steer me in the right direction.
My buddy just bought a new C90.He added the Boulevard saddle bags and now there is no room for the passengers feet.His wife can only get her heels on the pegs. Plus the pegs won't fold up all the way like they did without the bags in place.
Seems like the bag design didn't get much thought.It's a beautiful bike.
Is there a new peg mount or different pegs to try?
I'm sure alot of you may have run into this and can tell me howI can help him.
Thanks for any help.

Old 08-31-2007, 02:13 PM
Default RE: Rear pegs with boulevard bags

While the pegs can be hard to reach, adding rear passenger floorboards can be helpful (but a bit spendy)
Suzuki sells them as well as kuryakyn and cobra (and probably others)

Old 09-22-2008, 09:43 PM

I saw somethin on Ebay I think, about a passenger footpeg relocation kit. Anyone do this yet??

Old 10-01-2008, 10:13 AM

I bought an 06C50T about 3 weeks ago and have fabricated brackets to relocate the rear pegs forward about 6 inches. I purchased Cobra aftermarket passenger floorboards to mount on the extension brackets. Doesn't look bad and is much better for my wife who is 5'8" 120lbs. I have also ordered a pricey Mustang seat because the stock seat just doesn't cut it for a boney butted passenger. Airhawk pads are also a good solution to sore passenger butts, and I also got one of those as a stop gap until the seat arrived (came yesterday). The stock passenger pegs are in a terrible position for anyone taller than 4' tall. My wife had her knees up to her chin which aggravated the small seat, boney butt issue. I'll check back in a couple days and if anyone is interested I'll post some photos of the brackets and passenger floorboards. The Cobrapassenger floorboards are a marked improvement over the stock pegs, but does little to reposition the passenger’s feet and have to be left down on a C50T as they interfere with the stock saddlebags.Suzuki also sells replacement floorboards for the stock pegs.The Suzuki replacement floorboards allow the floorboards to be folded up but still move the passenger’s feet very little. The Suzuki floorboards are considerably smaller than the Cobras. Soooo.... although both floorboards are an improvement over the atrocious OEM passenger pegs, I found neither to be a complete solution. My fabricated bracket isn't fancy, but acceptable painted black and a god send for passenger comfort.Next projects are finding an acceptable mounting configuration for my large LeatherLyke trunk, adding the front lightbar, and finding or fabricating windshield lowers that will work with both the stock windshield and the add on light bar.

Old 10-01-2008, 11:04 AM

Definitely keep an eye on Ebay. You can easily find used floorboards for passenger that can be modified to work with your mounts or what ever you fabricate for a fraction of a new price. I found a pair of used floorboards for my M50 for $20. This winter I'm going to clean them up and modify them to clamp over the pegs for day long trips. (I prefer pegs most of the time.)

Old 12-31-2008, 07:43 PM

Brackets to lower and move floorboards forward are available at www.cruisercustomizing.com. I have a c-90t (08) and I just got a pair for mine. CWI-03-003

My CFO is 5' 4" and a little heavier. She appreciates them a lot. I had my Grandson 2up this fall and he also had a tough time with the OEM pegs. Waiting for a weather break to try the new set for him.

Good luck and see you there

Old 01-07-2009, 01:20 PM

More info: the brackets move the boards about 3.5 inches down and 3 inches forward.
[sm=groupwave.gif]
As I said, Smiley (my CFO) is 5ft 4", my grandson is 6ft 5" and both of them are comfortable up top.

The only drawback to the new location is that the board on the left is in front of the tool door. I have not had a problem with that yet and if it becomes one, I will probably turn the tool area into a glove compartment and move the tools to one of the bags.[sm=signs003.gif]

I will take some pix to show the result and add them ASAP.
[sm=ttiwwp.gif]

More soon and see you there.

Pops66 [sm=smiley35.gif][sm=devilangel.gif]

Old 01-12-2009, 07:02 PM

"Brackets to lower and move floorboards forward are available at www.cruisercustomizing.com. I have a c-90t (08) and I just got a pair for mine. CWI-03-003"

Pops... do these work with the C90T OEM pipes? I bought a set of extenders from Waynesville Cycle for my 07 C90T and they hit the pipes, so I had to return them. Also bought a set of Cobra passenger floorboards... they would not fold up with the stock saddlebags, so they sit on the shelf in my garage. I had to buy a set of the Suzuki boards off Ebay. They are small but my 5'6" wife likes them much better than the pegs. Note- the Suzuki floorboards are small and they will not work with extenders... you have to use the mounts that come with them. - Rick

Old 09-11-2017, 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by skyman434unme
I bought an 06C50T about 3 weeks ago and have fabricated brackets to relocate the rear pegs forward about 6 inches. I purchased Cobra aftermarket passenger floorboards to mount on the extension brackets. Doesn't look bad and is much better for my wife who is 5'8" 120lbs. I have also ordered a pricey Mustang seat because the stock seat just doesn't cut it for a boney butted passenger. Airhawk pads are also a good solution to sore passenger butts, and I also got one of those as a stop gap until the seat arrived (came yesterday). The stock passenger pegs are in a terrible position for anyone taller than 4' tall. My wife had her knees up to her chin which aggravated the small seat, boney butt issue. I'll check back in a couple days and if anyone is interested I'll post some photos of the brackets and passenger floorboards. The Cobrapassenger floorboards are a marked improvement over the stock pegs, but does little to reposition the passenger’s feet and have to be left down on a C50T as they interfere with the stock saddlebags.Suzuki also sells replacement floorboards for the stock pegs.The Suzuki replacement floorboards allow the floorboards to be folded up but still move the passenger’s feet very little. The Suzuki floorboards are considerably smaller than the Cobras. Soooo.... although both floorboards are an improvement over the atrocious OEM passenger pegs, I found neither to be a complete solution. My fabricated bracket isn't fancy, but acceptable painted black and a god send for passenger comfort.Next projects are finding an acceptable mounting configuration for my large LeatherLyke trunk, adding the front lightbar, and finding or fabricating windshield lowers that will work with both the stock windshield and the add on light bar.
how did you make your extensions if you dont mind me asking

Old 09-11-2017, 02:45 PM

how did you make your extensions if you dont mind me asking