Spoke Corrosion

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 05:16 PM
Default Spoke Corrosion

Hello

Newbie here (yeah, you could tell by the post count). Anyway, I have a 2006 C50T that was purchased in April 2007 from a dealer in the S.F. bay area. Since than, I've relocated to the Seattle area. Well, I found all the spokes on both wheels have what I would call moderate corrosion. The bike has about 3500 miles by the way and has always been garaged. The local Suzuki dealership took pictures and talked with the Suzuki rep, and they say that corrosion isn't covered by the warrenty. I'm not too concerned with the looks, but after time, the corrosion will cause the spokes to fail.

Has anyone else had a problem like this? I'm going to call Suzuki Thursday and see what they say.

Thanks

Old 02-01-2008, 06:08 PM
Default RE: Spoke Corrosion

I have the same problem with my C50 Black 2006. It's only a few but they are ugly. My bike has never been in the rain with 5300k. I also have hairline cracks on my rear brake drum and my front axle. Suzuki says they aren't a problem. Of course they will not replace the wheel.

Old 02-15-2008, 08:14 AM

I also have hairline cracks on my rear brake drum and my front axle. Suzuki says they aren't a problem. Of course they will not replace the wheel.

Those are not cracks, but casting marks. They are not a problem.

Old 03-04-2008, 08:45 PM

Yes, they are actual cracks. The dealer is monitoring them with my service incriments. The Suzuki Rep says they are currenty within normal limits. If they worsen they will reconsider.