Ticking noise

Old 05-30-2011, 04:49 PM
Default Ticking noise

Hello,

I bought my Suzuki boulevard c50 2nd hand two months ago. Its an '08 and it has 20,000 km on it. I got it from my cousin who is an enthusiast. So I know I could trust him and it was in good condition. He even helped me with an oil change. I have ridden with two other friends who asked me "what's that ticking sound?" Now I had noticed that there was a ticking sound when I bought it. However, it could be the fact that its been brought up twice on seperate occasions by people I'm riding with, but it seems to be louder to me now and when I accelerate it increases with the rpm. I went to a shop and they said that it sounds like something in the engine. The guy even went over and got another mechanic and he said normally these bikes make this sound but something sounds internal. I talked to my cuz and its a little hard to make the noise clear over the phone. lol. However, he did say that a tick is normal on this bike. I'm just looking for a little clarification hopefully from someone who has experienced this first had. The shop said that if they took the bike apart and got in the engine then it could cost a couple grand. Whatever info will be appreciated.

Old 06-10-2011, 05:57 AM

Sometime it will happen in the 2nd hand bike, it will come from the engine side, but don't worry about it, you should have to show your bike to the best Suzuki shop they will fix your problem.

Old 06-27-2011, 02:40 PM
Default ticking noise

I have a second hand '06 C90 and started hearing a clicking noise coming from the engine area. It got louder as I revved the engine or kept in the higher rpm range. I decided to take the faux tank off and just have the air filter and housing showing. Once I had all this stuff off I didn't hear the clicking noise anymore, I even put my seat back on and drove up thee road like that just to make sure. Once I got back and put it all back together I took it for one more spin and the noise was back. I just happen to glance at the corner of the gas cap cover with the key hole to access the fuel cap and noticed it was vibrating against the upper cover with the speedo. When I put my hand on it with pressure the clicking stopped. So I put a little foam padding under the lid and the clicking noise is now gone! You might look at that!