2010 M50 - new rider

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2023, 09:12 PM
Default 2010 M50 - new rider

Hi everyone, I'm DeVille. I just bought my first bike, a 2010 M50 and I have no previous experience with motorcycles (so please anticipate a lot of insanely newbie questions lol). I'm winterizing the bike right now, putting her in a heated garage for a Canadian winter. I'll spend the next few months trying to learn everything I can about the bike and also how to ride it. I'm booking a motorcycle course for the spring and then starting the process to getting a license. I'll try to read as many forum posts as I can and see how quickly I can catch up, but I'm happy to get any tips and tricks from you guys about both general maintenance and riding tips. In return, I'll try to post about any mistakes or successes I make along the way; hopefully stuff that can help anyone in a similar situation. OK, Cheers, D

Old 01-01-2024, 07:38 AM
Talking Welcome to the fun!

Originally Posted by DeVille
Hi everyone, I'm DeVille. I just bought my first bike, a 2010 M50 and I have no previous experience with motorcycles (so please anticipate a lot of insanely newbie questions lol). I'm winterizing the bike right now, putting her in a heated garage for a Canadian winter. I'll spend the next few months trying to learn everything I can about the bike and also how to ride it. I'm booking a motorcycle course for the spring and then starting the process to getting a license. I'll try to read as many forum posts as I can and see how quickly I can catch up, but I'm happy to get any tips and tricks from you guys about both general maintenance and riding tips. In return, I'll try to post about any mistakes or successes I make along the way; hopefully stuff that can help anyone in a similar situation. OK, Cheers, D
Hi. I got me a great deal on a 2005 M50 last June. I did all of the fluid changes and pulled the rear tire off and greased the shaft splines, the rear drive had rusted a lot, so I'm glad I checked it out!! I have had motorcycles since 1976 and they are a joy, though I don't ride as far as I used to. I keep all my bikes on a battery tender during the winter and put Stabil in the gas tanks.
Get you a full service manual if you can, and if you are willing to do the upkeep yourself. That will save you a lot of money and you will know it has been done right.

Now, let's see yours!!