S50 Aftermarket Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2007, 06:47 AM
Default S50 Aftermarket Exhaust

Ok, I just got a new S50. I'm looking to change out the factory exhaust for something that sounds a little bit meaner. I've found a few different systems and slip-ons but the thing is that I like the factory exhaust look on the bike. Most of what I've found seems to change to a single-side dual exhaust. Anybody know what sounds good and if anybody makes something that keeps the factory exhaust locations?

Old 11-09-2008, 05:09 PM
Default RE: S50 Aftermarket Exhaust

Yeah I too feel the same way you did. What I did was put on cobra slip ons for this bike. Yes you will like the sound and looks. I went to youtube.com for a example of the looks and sound. Just type in suzuki s50 and you should see the video. What I did was order mine through powersports something website. I would not recomend that anymore because it was chipped in one place and they are blueing too and the connection. They said it was triple chrome but that didn't help me there. I would recomend buying from a dealer and pay the $320 bucks. Mine costed $240.00 but you see what I got. I'm still happy though and it sounds a whole lot better and louder. No I did not re-jet the carbs so you don't need to do that. You will have a popping sound when you shift from time to time but thats it. The install will get you, so make a day effort for this one. The problem is taking the orginal off first. You will have to completly take the battery out and loosen the box and push it back. You will see. It's because of the orginal cross member of the pipes that came with the bike. You can do it if you have a basic mechanical skills. Putting on your new pipes are easier. Make sure of this, if your new pipes does not come with the donuts gaskets, order them because you cannot use the old ones and they cost $40.00 for two of them.

Kenny