General Auto Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Techincal Service Bulletin - I got one now what do I do??

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2007, 12:35 AM
Default Techincal Service Bulletin - I got one now what do I do??

Ok, I'll try to make a long story short! I bought my 2003 Aerio used from a dealership (which I won't mention here!) Back in August. It seems that I purchased it shortly after the warranty had expired, which really wasn't a big deal because I knew it was a good car - my friend has the same year and make, different model. Anyway, I noticed that my mirrors on both sides were loose so I spoke to the dealership and they said that my warranty had expired and that I was WAY over on mileage for them to consider fixing my mirrors. In the meantime, my friend with the same car, had the same problem with her mirrors, but she got her's fixed under warranty. Her warranty expired in April (she bought her car new in 2003) and mine in August, the only other difference was that she had lower KM's on her car. I did some research (thanks to this forum) and found out that there is a TSB for this problem. I'm not exactly sure what mileage has to do with a manufactorer's defect like this one, but that's what they are telling me.Is there anyway, I can use the TSB info to help me get my mirrors fixed under warranty?? I had awesome help from the last time I posted a problem, I'm hoping someone can help me again!!

Old 03-23-2007, 12:26 PM
Default RE: Techincal Service Bulletin - I got one now what do I do??

I would take it to another dealer, show them the TSB, and get it fixed. It should be at no cost to you because the factory says it is a problem. Good luck. Red

Old 04-04-2007, 01:49 AM
Default RE: Techincal Service Bulletin - I got one now what do I do??

What is the valve clearance for my suzuki 16 valve 660cc engine