General Motorcycle Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Convert MSMPEG AVI to H.264 MP4 for Microsoft Surface RT tablet

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2012, 09:12 PM
Default Convert MSMPEG AVI to H.264 MP4 for Microsoft Surface RT tablet

Surface Windows RT had was released for a long time. It supports a lot of video formats, if you have got one, you should have had a good movie playing time with it. However, if you are an AVI video fun, you will find its default Xbox video player can't recognise all AVI files. After testing, we found the RT tablet supports AVI video in DIVX, XVID, MPEG code well, but if AVI in MSMPEG codec, it doesn't. For example the below question.

Hi all, Anyway, I'm planning to buy a SURFACE RT tablet but I need to know if it has some PC features that are found a mental to me. As far as I know VIDEO doesn't support .avi formats. Are developers able to integrate these formats in their metro apps? I want to thank everybody in advance for your help.

To help all guys to backup any AVI file to RT for playing, we advice you to encode AVI to the most compatible video format MP4. This AVI to Surface Windows RT Converter is the key for the issue. It’s the best assistance for you to convert any AVI video files to a common video H.264 .mp4 for Microsoft Surface tablet. You will be satisfied with the output video quality and conversion speed on your PC.

Guide: Transcode any AVI video to Microsoft Surface Windows RT video format

1. Download, install and run the Surface RT AVI converter to load your kinds of AVI files to it. Join several files together via checking the “Merge into one” box if necessary.

2. Click “Format”, select “Windows” > “Microsoft Surface Surface RT H.264 Video (*.mp4)” as the output format. The output videos are encoded in 16:9, bring you full screen playback on Surface RT tablet.

3. Start to convert AVI to Surface Windows RT with the best video/audio settings via hitting the Convert button.

After the conversion, tap the Open icon to get the output video. Then, it would become easy for you to copy and watch AVI movies on Surface RT with the metro app Xbox video or other Microsoft Surface RT video players.

Related guides:
Play all MKV(DTS audio, subtitle support) files on Microsoft Surface RT
Convert DVD movies to Microsoft Surface RT with the best video settings
Microsoft Surface RT video players- Watch HD videos on Surface RT smoothly
What video formats can Microsoft Surface RT play?- Add video files to Surface RT
How to enable Microsoft Surface Windows RT play 1080p/720p FLV video

Hot News:
Merry Christmas! Brorsoft offers you the up to 40% off crazy discount from Dec. 15, 2012 to Dec. 31, 2012 to celebrate the Christmas with you. Get the best Christmas gifts from Brorsoft! This promotion covers our hot products DVD Ripper, DVD Ripper for Mac, Blu-ray Ripper, Blu-ray Ripper for Mac, the powerful all-in-one package tools Blu-ray Video Converter Ultimate and iMedia Converter for Mac. We hope you enjoy HD videos, Blu-ray, DVD movies on yourportable device or home media player with the best quality enjoyment.