General Motorcycle Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Make Canon Vixia HF S100 AVCHD files editable for FCP X

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2013, 11:18 PM
Default Make Canon Vixia HF S100 AVCHD files editable for FCP X

Canon Vixia HF S100 goes beyond home movies with features specially included for the aspiring film-maker. The camera has microphone and headphone terminals and a Mini Advanced Accessory shoe for holding external lights and mics. Not only that, but 24p Cinema mode gives your video a film-look while 30p Progressive mode is ideal for action or sports footage.

However, if you are a HF S100 user, you may meet many problems while bringing the AVCHD footages to FCP X for further editing. "After countless of testing and error and several phone calls to support, I still can not figure out why my AVCHD footage (MTS files from a Canon vixia HF S100) had no audio when importing into FCPX. Is there anyone here who may fix the problem for me?"

You make ask that why did the problems occur? From googling, we found there were many reasons which is relevant to the problems. The main reason is because of the different video format. As we all know, the most compatible format for FCP X is Apple ProRes instead of AVCHD. So, the easiest way is to find a professional program for transcoding Canon AVCHD Vixia to ProRes for importing to FCP X.

After testing, we found Brorsoft MTS/M2TS Converter for Mac is a professional tool for you to encode AVCHD/MTS/M2TS videos to comfortable editing formats. Whit it, you can work it as the best AVCHD to ProRes Converter for your FCP X, you also can run it to work for your iMovie, Adobe, Avid, ect,. Even you can also run it as the MTS to MP4 Converter for watching on your tablets and samrtphones. In a word, it is your best choice. Below is the guide on how to use the tool.

Step 1: Install the MTS Converter on your Mac OS X. Run it as MTS to FCP X Converter and load the 1080i footages from Vixia HF S100 to it.

Tips:
1. If necessary, you can merge several AVCHD clips by ticking “Merge into one” box.
2. If the imputed file is 1GB, then the memory space should be up to 40GB.
3. Deinterlace 1080i files: Click Edit and select "deinterlacing" in the Effect.

Step 2: Click "format" bar to choose the compatible output format for FCP X.
Click "Final Cut Pro--Apple ProRes 422(*.mov)" as the best format for FCP X

Step 3: You can click "settings" to customize the output parameters, adjust the resolution, bitrate as you want. Set video size as 1920*1080, video frame rate as 30fps.

Step 4: Click convert button to start converting and deinterlacing Canon Vixia HF S100 1080i MTS for FCP X on Mac OS X.

After Canon Vixia HF S100 AVCHD 60i conversion finished , you can click “open” to find the output file to FCP X for editing easily.

Related guides:
Import Canon Vixia HF S10 AVCHD to Adobe Premiere Pro on Mac
Make Canon Vixia HF R20 AVCHD files work with FCP on Mac
Import AVCHD video from Canon Vixia HF S10 to iMovie'11
Get Canon Vixia HF S10/HF S100 AVCHD to work with FCE 4
Import Canon Vixia HF S10 AVCHD to Adobe Premiere Pro on Mac