General Motorcycle Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Make PC recognise 1080p AVCHD movies from Panasonic GH3

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2013, 07:21 PM
Default Make PC recognise 1080p AVCHD movies from Panasonic GH3

As we all know Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 can record videos in several formats, like MOV, AVCHD (MTS, M2TS), MP4, ect. But if you have got one and like shooting movies with the Full HD format AVCHD, you will meet some troubles when copying to your PC computer. For example "With my GH2 I had no problem on my Windows 7. When I got my Panasonic GH3, I record in AVCHD (as with the GH2). I put my SD card in the PC, copy to my picture map and all stills are copied, except movie files. I don't see them... I can play the movie on the camera without a problem. Any idea?".

Do u know why? In fact, it is due to the nonstandard 1080p AVCHD. AVCHD itself is not a good playing video file, much less 1080p AVCHD. To avoid the problem, you'd better not record movies in AVCHD format. If you have got some AVCHD(1080 60p/24p/60i) and want to transfer them to your computer, you have to use a top AVCHD Convert tool, a powerful video player(like Windows Media Player) or a professional movie editing software to transcode and recognise these files to a playable format on PC. But the 60p(50p for PAL) MTS/M2TS recordings are only supported by MTS/M2TS Converter now.

It mens you have two choices. One is to to check the settings in the record quality section of the menu and selects 24/25 or 30 fps, shoots some video and try that in the PC. The other workaround is to keep the 1080 60p or 50p files and change these AVCHD movies to an edit-friendly format on Windows. For example, you wat to import Panasonic GH3 recorded AVCHD to Avid Media Composer for editing, you can easily take 1080 60i and 24p AVCHD files, but you can't directly take 60p AVCHD .mts/m2ts videos into it since Avid cannot handle 1080 60p/50p AVCHD movies well.

Here you can get Brorsoft MTS/M2TS Converter as the top Panasonic GH3 AVCHD Converter to transocde your MTS clips to Avid Media Composer favorable video format DNxHD .mov. The following guide lets you know the correct steps to convert Panasonic GH3 AVCHD MTS files to Avid Media Composer.

Step 1: Run the above recommended MTS Converter for Panasonic GH3, click add button f to load your .mts source materials from GH3.

Step 2: Click Format menu to choose Avid Media Composer > Avid DNxHD 1080p(*.mov) as the output format for easy editing in Avid Media Composer.

Step 3: Tap the Settings icon to modify the profile settings for getting a best quality output for Avid. You can set the video size as 1920*1080, video frame rate as 30fps(or set 25fps for 50p source video).

Step 4: Press the “Convert” button to start the Panasonic GH3 to Avid Media Composer DNxHD .mov conversion.

After the conversion, you can enable PC import 1080p AVCHD movies from Panasonic GH3 without any trouble. Keep in mind, with this MTS Converter, you can have smooth editing work not limit to Avid, but also concludes Adobe Premiere Pro, Windows Movie Maker, Sony Vegas and more.

Tip: If you are a Mac OS X user, please have try the Mac MTS/M2TS Converter

Learn More:
Import Panasonic GH3 AVCHD 60P movies into iMovie on Mac
Load Panasonic DMC-GH3 1080/60p AVCHD to FCP X on Mac OS X

Happy New Year!
Brorsoft offers you the up to 40% off crazy discount from Dec. 15, 2012 to Jan. 31, 2013 to celebrate the Christmas and New year with you. Brorsoft New Year sales promotion covers our hot products DVD Ripper, DVD Ripper for Mac, Blu-rayRipper, Blu-ray Ripper for Mac, the powerful all-in-one package tools Blu-ray Video Converter Ultimate and iMedia Converter for Mac. We hope you enjoy HD videos, Blu-ray, DVD movies on your portable device or home media player with the best quality enjoyment.

40% off Blu-ray Ripper

40% off Blu-ray Ripper for Mac

30% off DVD Ripper

30% off DVD Ripper for Mac

20% off Blu-ray Video Convertr Ultimate

20% off Blu-ray Video Converter for Mac