94 gsxr 1100w

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2010, 11:32 PM
Default 94 gsxr 1100w

Alright, I found this pretty old bike for $2,200. How could I go wrong? Well alot is wrong. But let's get to the most pressing issue for now.

At a glance.

1993 GSXR 600 frame
1994 GSXR 1100 engine bored to 1250
Full yosh exhaust

Fun time.

The last owner installed a Dyna 200 Ignition system. Hes got the display hooked into the dash as a primary screen showing speed, temp, RPM, and any other info you could want.

The problem.

Ignition coil 1 that fires L L and L R plug does not keep running for more then 15 mins under normal riding conditions.

He had it set for engine RPM limit to 13,000 RPM
1 spark for every rev?
An the retard angel thing was set for 5

I've replaced the old Coil with a brand new special order one.
Cut, hooked, an tested connections. All green.
Checked wiring, looks good besides a small fray, but ad a guy who does wiring for a living in the army check, says it has enough contact to keep it going.
So I am thinking it's a issue with the dyna 2000 settings, But I am not savy on this part of a bike.

So far I've
Cleaned the carbs, new spark plugs, new filters, new oil, new tires, an new chain.

Thats the extent of my ability. I am not smart with these systems so I am lost. Took it to my local shops 4/4 declined to work on this bike, as it's go so much custom work, they do not wanna get involved with this bike...Yea...Customs...Boo no mechanic to work with me...So Anyone got experience with a dyna 2000?