Need performance advice

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2006, 10:34 AM
Default Need performance advice

Hey guys, new to the site. I've had a '93 gsxr750 since i was about 16 ir 17 (so about 6 years now) and its my freakin baby. Anyways, the thing was in poor condition when i got it, did some cosmetic and minor tuning, but this winter is time to juice the baby up a bit. I am looking to get as mean as i can with engine performance while keeping it 'street legal' for ohio, or at least not so rediculous to get me too much attention from the 5 0. I got an old school Vance and Hines slip-on can right now, and aside from that, not much else. I need to tear the thing down COMPLETELY to replace a chipped second gear so i am looking to do just about everything short of throwing in a turbo (too much $$$ to do that : ). Right now what i need to do is find places to pick up parts for this machine, as you can imagine it is not very easy to find performance bikes for this older model. Following is a list of ideas i've had so far, any input/suggestions/information/or manufacturers you guys know of would be freakin awesome!

Performance:
Jet kit (stage three)
Individual Air filters
Hot Cam (anyone know any manufacturers of kits????)
Headers (all i've found so far is V&H)
Machining some parts-heads etc.

Looks:
Need to repaint (current color is complete black-cherry metalflaked w/black accents)
Polish the frame
Maybe polish the rims if i have time before season (already stripped the powdercoat)

Anyways, as you can see, the idea is to get the most out of this thing in it's current gear ratios. I have no complaints for top end or torque/power bands, so i'm just wanting to get more out of the engine and not really messing with gear ratios or rear sprockets. Any other suggestions or information on where to get some of these parts that you guys might know of off the top of your head would be greatly appreciated.

Already under the belt:
Not much in the way of performance
Custom paint job
Tank bra
integrated turn signals
custom leather on the seats
smoked shield/front signals
V&H slip on
Hyperwhite bulbs (woo hoo)
other such details...

Old 12-14-2006, 10:36 AM
Default RE: Need performance advice

Oh yes, i forgot to mention that the only reason i am getting crazy with this model is b/c i really don't have the cash to go out and buy a new bike (god i want fuel injection) so i am sinking what i got into what i got. This will be kept for LIFE and wil most likely be turned into a track bike when i end up filling the garage with a few newer models, so race-setup is planned for the future (keep in mind for parts). Thanks guys

BW