New

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2006, 07:11 AM
Default New

Im brand new to the streetbike scene just got taught by couple of buddies of myne how to ride on a 2000 gsx-r and a 2004 CBR. Im planning on buying myself a bike within the next month or so... I was just wondering if anybody had any advice on which bike to get. It wont be anything 05-up because i dont have the cash for that at the moment. The CBR 600rr I think is just a little to tiny im not to big but that bikes is crazy small! The gsx-r was kind of heavy but it was an old one so im sure they have worked out that problem. I dont really know though give me some of your opinions on what i should get there all tight as hell but im not sure yet. Im looking for a bike in the 600cc class? Let me know!

Old 12-27-2006, 11:46 PM
Default RE: New

I have an 06 gsx-r 600 its not heavy at all, I have no problem holding it up. I'm about 5'10 165lbs. I really like the bike its snappy, but after riding like 5,000 miles I'm looking for a little bit more, so I'm gonna try doing the sprockets and a power commander but overall I would look into getting the 750cc there isn't a big difference in weight but you might want a little more power than the 600.

Old 02-08-2007, 08:55 PM
Default RE: New

well im a real newby ..i taught my self how 2 ride on a 95 gsx-r 750 .... now that bike is heavy but i like gsxr and you are new 2 this such as my self i would say if you feel ok on a 600 stay with that i can tell you naw get the 750 or a 1000 but only you know how you feel on it .......As far as brands i would go with suzuki ihave done a lot of reading on different bikes and the top 2 are suzuki and yamaha as far as sport bikes go
well i wish you luck on what ever you pick and safe riding too ya

[/align]