New Member Area New to SuzukiForum.com? Stop in tell us about you.

Just bought a Bike

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2007, 09:38 AM
Default Just bought a Bike

Sup , New to the forums and riding ... Picking up my first bike 02 gsxr 600M ....(Today)...

My names too Long to say just call me "Kid"...

forgot to mention the details... 2k on the bike , frame sliders , yoshimura exhaust , blue bubble wind screen,
gsxr hand grips. and more as i find out..

Old 10-26-2007, 10:38 AM
Default RE: Just bought a Bike

Well I had my friend drive the bike home and then I took it fora few spins around the block.
I gotta say for my first time riding my friend was suprised i kept up with him.
I hit 9K on the rev meter but still in first gear training.
Any hintsor helpful informationlet me know

Old 10-28-2007, 06:51 PM

Well today i went riding on the highway for the second time ... this time with about 9 ppl...
Still getting used to being jerked by the bike when i give gas and learning to shift....
so far didn't stall on the highway but when i got here home i stalled...
don't know fast i went but hit 13k in second gear (i think 75 or something like that) .. the highway was packed....soon as i take pictures I'll post'em

Old 11-09-2007, 12:18 PM

Sounds like a very nice bike. For the first week or two you will stall the bike. Nothing you can do it just happens to every new rider. You mentioned riding with a lot of ppl. My advice is if they are doing any stunts dont follow suit. I race motorcycles and I have seen first hand what happens when aninexperienced rider tries and fails at stunts or anything else they shouldnt be doing untill they do have experience. No matter what you should always wear a leather jacket and helmet wherever you go. A few weeks ago one of my buddies I race with took his race bike down the road just to check some things. His back spring came off and lodged in his back tire. Didnt turn out to good. He was wearing a helmet but was also just wearing a t-shirt and shorts. Lots of skin missing! What helped me the most is just riding around and getting lost on some back roads. A few weeks and you will have everything down. And if you ever feel like you gotta go fast all the time, take it out to a track. If your interested ill give you a couple good companies that host track days.