New Member Area New to SuzukiForum.com? Stop in tell us about you.

new to 1500lc

Old 03-04-2011, 08:43 PM
Default new to 1500lc

ok hello everyone

i ve had dirt bikes and atvs all my life and about 3 yrs ago i decided to buy a street bike. i done research and was told for someone my size 6'1" and 210 lbs not to get anything smaller than a 750. so i got a honda 750 and quickly out grew it even thow it'll do 100mph with my wife on the back i needed more.

so after searching cl i found a 2001 1500lc with 10,000 miles on it for 3500 talked her down to 3000 then to 2900 and at last second 2800. so i think i got a good deal.

brought her home parked her and did my first mistake from a water cooled to an air cooled, i let her run, long story short she over heated and was out of oil(bike hasnt been used in almost a yr) so iam running around checking forums to see what i could do. i waited for her to cool and put oil in her and started right up. i hope i avoided a catastrophy(hope its spelled right).

anyways i positively love this bike. very powerful and comfey.
it looks like there is a place to put a fan on the oil cooler, is it possiable? is there a kit? any must have additions.

thanks

Old 03-14-2011, 01:43 AM

Hello and welcome to the forum,its nice to meet you.i'm sure you will enjoy your staying here on this forum.

Search this Thread