Aerio SX Wagon or Honda Fit?

Old 08-07-2006, 11:18 PM
Default Aerio SX Wagon or Honda Fit?

I'm looking into buying a new (or used?) car to replace my VW Cabrio. I have test driven the Honda Fit, Scion Xa, and just today a Suzuki Aerio (Wagon). I really liked the Aerio more than I expected to. I realize that they aren't usually considered comparable vehicles as much as the Pontiac Vibe/Toyota Matrix but those both seem pretty big to me. Unfortunately the Fit is on a 5-6 month back order at this point and there really is no game as far as price since the demand is so high. I have been warned that the resale value will be much less with the Suzuki but if it's a great car, I plan to drive it forever and no worry about the resale anytime soon. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
*Also, do the seats in the back flip up to accomdate the folding bench? I'm a sucker for functionality-- the removable tray was a very exciting find!
Thanks!

Old 08-08-2006, 06:48 PM
Default RE: Aerio SX Wagon or Honda Fit?

Dont touch honda's!!!!!! lol

as for the matrix, it lasted me maybe 7months b4 everything went wrong with it, struts blew, engine mounts shattered, axle cracked, so i busted the windsheild in and got my aerio

as for the seats the back seat back cushins recline down and the but cushin can flip up so u can make the bed nice and flat, ull just have to take off the headrest's which is no biggy.

I;ve had mine for 5months so far and i loveit... of course im a ricer so i change everything and anything on mine bt that just adds to the fun.

Old 08-13-2006, 09:23 AM

i have an aerio sx 2005 , 9 mths now and 8000 trouble free miles. i love it , it has plenty of power, as for the fit its much smaller. if u want a functional car with hp to spare the suzuki is great. 155 hp is a class leader. the car has alot of features u dont find often, alloy wheels, steering audio controls, 6 cd changer, subwoofer, side mirror heater. i assume the fit is far less hp like the scion xb. probably better on gas than suzuki, but no power. good luck

Old 08-13-2006, 06:28 PM

First off you can't compare Honda's with other cars due to resale value only. I have an 04 AerioSX which I lovedue to it's unique nature. When I was looking at a new car two years ago I did the same thing check out the Scion XB/ Toyota Matrix/ VW golf etc and something about the AerioSX drew to me?? Will I got mine for $14580 fully loaded Auto/ all wather floor mats and ext warrenty inclu. which is the pay off for my Aerio due to the resell value not high since I got the ext. warrenty the dealerships here in NM have to pay you for that added lux. so if I were to trade in my Aerio I'd get about $10000 for it.
Don't get me wrong I have other cars too such as an XL7/ and Two Scion XB ones I bought for my Mom's the other was for my Fience the XL7 for off road use which I'm glad to say out climbed a Hummer the other day.
It's up to you now but congrats on your new car which ever you choose.
ANOTHER THING>>>> I have check out the other web sites for help on cars and if your looking for the tuner seen mostly Honda own that so if your looking to deValue your car that's the first place to hit up. I have a friend owns a Civic si 05 hatch ver and he had put some much **** into his car and now it's worth half it's KBB/edmunds worth. Which he still makes payments that are worth more then it's worth. So again if your into that kind of thing more power to you bro.

Good luck

ChillinpapeSX

Old 10-04-2006, 02:10 AM

I own an 2002 Aerio SX, and have about 120,000 KM on it. Great car. If you ask me I would pick the Aerio over the Fit.

Old 10-05-2006, 05:57 PM

wow 120,000km what have you done to your Aerio so far ?? meaning what have you replaced ?

[IMG]local://upfiles/70/DE94BBB2A38544719CB18444DC10F830.jpg[/IMG]

Old 10-11-2006, 03:51 PM

I made the mistake of passing up on an Aerio SX for my mother, I bought her a Honda Fit, cost more, does get higher mileage, it should with smaller engine, however, is cheap, cheap, cheap, didn't come with floor mats, only one power lock on the drivers door, not on the passengers, looks exactly like SX in profile view. IMHO, Suzuki Aerio SX is more bang for the buck.

ps. have 20000 miles on my 05 Aerio SX, am completely happy with this vehicle.