replace pcv valve (cant find)

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2006, 11:24 AM
Default replace pcv valve (cant find)

Hey, my sister has an 03 SX and the engine light goes off and on, and somtimes on a while. I know it could be a number of small problems but i figured that replacing a $3 part couldnt hurt. But I cant seem to find it. What looks like it to me, doesnt look like whats in the package.(purolator PV1015). What I see under the hood has a harnness connected to it. I ma be mistaking. Any help finding and replacing would be great.

also, I wanted to find a Chiltons repair book, cant seem to find one. Do they make one? Where could I find a nice detail manual?.

Thanks

Old 06-16-2006, 12:16 AM
Default RE: replace pcv valve (cant find)

Finding manuals seems to be a real challenge. I guess they figure the warranty is so good nobody will be working on them for a while. I'd still like one just for routine maintenance.

Old 06-19-2006, 10:47 AM

Purolator, Bosch, Fram, OEM...they are easy to find and range from $5(aftermarket) to $35(OEM).

You wont find a Chiltons or Hayes manual but you can find Factory Service Manuals on Ebay for around $50+

But I dont see how a faulty PCV would throw a code...have the code scanned and then buy parts.
But Id care to bet its something as simple as a loose gas cap.

Old 09-12-2006, 03:06 PM

i'm with SB on that one two I had to replace my gas cap after 30k because the lining on the OEM was al most gone I went to pepboys and got a Lock and key one which is great now I don't have to worry if someone is trying to swipe gas from me.

Old 11-11-2006, 10:03 PM

The pcv should be fine if you keep up with oil changes - BTW it's screwed on between the rear cam cover and the intake plenum. It's metal and cleanable. Dont need to buy one. IMHO I would check the oil level - some of these (maybe only MINE) eat oil at the rate of 2-3 qts between oil changes. DONT OVERFILL or DONT even FILL it . Suzi likes to run a 1/4 qt down from the FULL dot. BTW, I thought everyone knows about the gas cap setting off the MIL. Dont refuel with engine running. Have fun.
PS., Having relations in the car can cause A CEL to light. But I wouldnt know anytang about dat tang