sterring wheel shakes???

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2006, 12:41 PM
Default sterring wheel shakes???

when my car is in gear and im at a stop it has a shake to the sterring wheel not a bad one but its ther. i notice it more when the heater is on or i am in reverse. backing up but if i let of the brake it will go away . any body else have this problem? i have a 2006 aerio sx awd. with 20,000 miles on it.

Old 03-15-2007, 02:07 AM
Default RE: sterring wheel shakes???

The AWD models have alignment problems so you would want to have that check out. Also check your Power Steering oil it might be low and your brake fluid. Check each wheel take your hand to the other side of the wheel and pull towards you if you feel that your wheel is lose there's your problem you might need an new axile. This happens if you hit a pot hole or jump/hit a crub. Let us know what your resolve is, talk to ya later[&:]

Old 06-07-2007, 08:19 PM
Default RE: sterring wheel shakes???

A balance problem is usually indicated by vibration in the vehicle not usually a shaky steering wheel. It may also be that the steering gear is badly worn which causes greater than normal spaces between the meshing parts. The power steering drive belt is damaged or loose: Tighten or replace power steering drive belt as required.