Things you like and dont like...

Old 05-10-2006, 02:18 PM
Default Things you like and dont like...

About your aerio of course. just wondering what people think about their cars.
Me... well i like my car a lot but there are little things that annoy me, for instance... my park brake light keeps coming on and off, its probably just a dirty sencor but it still annoys me, my car wabbles at higher speeds. its cause the diry gets into my stock rims, i drive on dirt roads every day so i guess that doesnt help. i have to take my tires off once in a while to clean them. its not an allignment problem though. but besides that i love my car, i like how its easy to work on and well i just like it. feel free to add anything you want to this post.

Old 05-10-2006, 02:55 PM
Default RE: Things you like and dont like...

oh and one more thing that annoys me is the fact that my rear door lock and handel get sand and dirt into it and it makes it hard to open and lock the rear.[:@]

Old 05-10-2006, 09:36 PM

I hate my stock cd player...it's useless

I have noticed the rims collect dirt aswell, high speeds + dirt in rims = vibration...one time, it was so bad i couldnt go faster than 60km/h and i just cleaned/washed the car too!

It has lots of loose timming inside, and when i had my subwoofer in, it had to be kept quiet because it rattled the trimmings so much...and the hatch...

this summer i'm taking it all apart inside and putting up foam and dynamat stuff to kill the vibration

also if you drive in snow like i do, youl notice lots of parts under the car shake loose, like the heat shields...pfffft

Old 05-11-2006, 12:48 PM

Speaking of the heat shield... when my car was under warrenty i had a nasty rattle coming from underneath my car. i took it in and the dealership changed my catilac converter. we thought that that would have solved the problem but it didnt, finally once i got to where i am at i took a look for my self and realized that it was the heat shield. needles to say my car does not make that annoying rattle noise anymore.

Old 05-12-2006, 03:49 AM

Yeah, same for me, only I wrapped cieling tile wire around it....
I suggest you get cieling tile wire, it comes in handy everywhere.

Old 05-12-2006, 12:16 PM

Thanks for the advice I think i will go and pick that up I used a clamp like the one that holds the stock throtel body rubber to the air box. the one thing that i do really like about my car is that it is very easy to work on i guess. im not much of a mechanic but i am able to do a lot more on this car than my wifes car. it just seems more user friendly if you know what i mean. this is the first car that i acctually want to keep for a very long time.

Old 05-12-2006, 10:41 PM

DISLIKES

1. Extreme insurance cost. It costs 50% more to insure than my 1998 Saturn wagon did.

2. Poor fuel economy. My automatic AWD routinely gets 21-22 mpg with a combination of city and highway driving. Even on highway trips I've peaked at 26 but usually still get 22 or 23. People with V6 minivans that weigh 1200 lbs more get equal or better mileage.

3. Brakes. I've read that many Aerio owners have had to replace their front brake pads extremely early. When I replaced my front pads around 26,000 miles, I was told they were not even the original pads, and I bought the car at 10,000 miles (so apparently they had already needed to be changed before that!). Also, I've had a persistent grinding noise/feel when braking from low speeds.

4. Rear defrost. My entire rear window was replaced under warranty, but the defogger still works extremely poorly.

5. Power windows are likely to freeze up and not work in cold weather. I've never had another car with power windows that allowed moisture inside the doors to freeze everything up.

6. Arm rest is so skinny it is useless.

1. Using A/C doesn't seem to hurt my already disappointing fuel economy.

2. Digital odometer and gauges. I just really like a digital odometer.

3. High seating position.

4. Great value... lots of features for a great price... especially when bought used. I bought my loaded car used with about 10,000 miles, and paid $11,000 versus the approximate $17,500-$18,000 MSRP.

5. roominess

6. Uniqueness. Aerios aren't very common.

7. Standard high power engine. Although I'm sure Honda and Toyota could have managed better acceleration and economy out of a 2.3 liter engine with 155 hp.

8. AWD availability

Old 05-28-2006, 12:47 PM

Like's
Style
Comfort level- I drive a lot to and from El Paso and Denver
Power

Dislike
*Seats they develope a lot of static I have tried everything from shampoo, to Static guard, seat covers nothing helps this problem. I may have to just buy seat covers that are made by Suzuki it's just crazy to spend 250.00 bucks on seat covers. If you know of any other options email me please[&:]

Old 06-02-2006, 03:44 PM

things i like i changed the stock put sevetines on it and it still rides great .
i put a new box in the trunk and nothing i radling yet mine 2004 sedan
although thing dont like i too get that radle under the car but only under hard accerlation
the arm rest thats just a dam joke so small i just rather ripp it out and put to race seats in it cuz that what it feels like ..than i took it off road i have the sedan front wheel drive and it was just slopy all over the road granted i was on sirt but i got 17 with lots of grip and i was only going 25 to 35 and my friend got car sick in it than the shift got this thing likes to get stuck ..in park i have to fight with it to much took to the dealer and the mechanice didnt find the promblem is that right..........

Old 06-19-2006, 11:33 AM

ORIGINAL: the hug

... my park brake light keeps coming on and off, its probably just a dirty sencor but it still annoys me
Add some DOT3 brake fluid to the resivoir and youll be fine...this happens with all new Aerios once the pads begin to seat and wear in.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Things you like and dont like...