I'm New

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2007, 12:18 PM
Default I'm New

Hi,

I just bought a 97 Suzuki Intruder VS 800 GL, it is in great Shape, but since i'm very new at this, I'm even learning how to ride.
I have this Issue, someone told me that i need to carburate it cause I'm in Mexico City and over sea level affect it, but i saw a sticker on the bike that says it doesn't need gas/air adjustemnt, but it stalls all the time, the battery died because so many start tries. So another person told me I need to ride it a lot to let the bike adjust by itself.
I know I have to take it to a shop but I haven't find one which i could trust, and any info would be usefull before taking it to a mechanic.
Any info would be great.

Thanks!

Alex

Old 10-28-2011, 07:21 AM

any carbeurated motor is affected by atmosphere pressure. greater pressure at sea level less up in the mountains. as to how it specifically affects intruder I cannot say but google affects of atmospheric pressure on carbed gas combustion engines and maybe it will give you an idea if rejetting to larger or smaller will help. simple checks would be.
change air filter?,
Try adjusting your idle once she is fully warm, up down and see if that keeps her running?
make sure your running high octane fuel!
pick up a bottle of seafoam and do an intake cleaning with 1/3 of btl and pur rest in fuel.

good luck