New purchase, more problems

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2017, 04:03 PM
Default New purchase, more problems

Recently purchased a 2000 marauder with 34,000 miles on it. Drove it home about 50 minutes from the person I purchased from. On the last mile I was thinking man I'm going to have to get a headlight kit or replace bulb it's really dim. Hi beam was probably worse than the low. Kept getting dimmed and dimmer. I was following my wife to the house thankfully because it was so dim I couldn't see squat. About that time I started shifting down to turn into my drive. Shifted down into second and the tire locked up laying rubber. Really dim light and not even a clicking sound like it was trying to start. Lights just dimmed more. Rolled it down the drive way and parked it. Tried to start it the next morning. Turned key over and lights are bright. One try to start and one real slow crank. And nothing. A little clicking then not even that on the next try. Battery is brand new and charged fully. Ignition fuse good. Not well educated on this worked on my old gsxr but no head scratchers. Can run a multimeter . A youtube mechanic...