Early '80s Suzuki Restorations

Old 06-04-2012, 06:34 PM
Default Early '80s Suzuki Restorations

I have three bikes i bought for $400: 1980 + 1982 Suzuki GS850GL and a 1982 Suzuki GS850G. All three just need a few parts to get running. That being said, my goal is to repair two and use the other as a parts bike. Is it possible to swap out parts from one and have them fit on the others?

Old 06-24-2012, 10:07 PM

Hi, I recently bought a 1982 Suzuki GN 125, while changing the oil for the first time I took out the bolt on the bottom closest to the sight glass (on that side). When I removed that bolt to drain the oil a spring and what looked like a pin with a slot in one end on the side came out with it. I'm not sure what end goes in towards the engine.

So I assumed that the end with the slot in it went in towards the engine.

Does anyone know if this is correct?

Thanks, Jimbo

Old 07-06-2012, 01:59 PM

Take a look at a site like bikebandit.com When you look for OEM parts you can view microfishe (or however you spell it) of your bikes - part numbers are listed so you can compare to see if one part will fit multiple bikes. Based on what I know from owning a 1982 GS450 - of which there a many models - most parts are interchangeable within the same year of the various models.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Early '80s Suzuki Restorations

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.