What?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2008, 08:06 PM
Default What?

...Is the average lifespan/mileage and such for the forenza?

I'm looking into a forenza and before purchasing would like some info on it...

So the main thing I'm curious about is what is the mileage lifetime expectancy for the suzuki forenza (ie. 100-200k miles)?

...and would any of you either suggest a six speed 04 nissan sentra or a 5 speed 07 suzuki forenza(based on which one will last longer, get me better mileage, etc.)?

Old 02-17-2008, 04:11 PM
Default RE: What?

We probably don't have enough data to make that sort of prediction yet.

In reading posts on various fora, I see people who love their Forenza and people who hate them, with nothing in between. I have two of them, and, as they say, so far. . . so good. The Forenza is an inexpensive little car that provides basic transportation in good style and at a low cost. If you want to make it into a racecar, you probably should start somewhere else. If you want a nice little daily driver that takes your wife to and from work and your kid to and from school, you might want to consider the Forenza. The only problem I have found is that I can't get a repair manual for them, like a Haynes or a Chilton manual. Therefore, I can't really do any of my own preventive and routine maintenance. I have one for my Ford, and I am currently at 223,000 miles just by keeping the routine maintenance items covered.

I bought the 05 new, and a couple of years later I got an 04 used for my daughter. The used one at 84,000 miles was as tight as the new one. Neither uses a drop of oil. As I said, so far. . . so good.