Grand Vitara 2010 Fuel Gauge Issue

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2011, 02:32 AM
Default Grand Vitara 2010 Fuel Gauge Issue

Hi, there seems to be a problem with my GV's fuel gauge. after filling up it shows full for only the first few km then drops fast to about 3/4 by the time I have driven 15 km or so. then it goes down steadily in a normal fashion. I asked the suzuki dealer I bought the car from and was told it is probably because I left the key in the ignition when refuelling, which I NEVER did, and that it would reset after a couple of fills. I have now driven nearly 3000km with the car and the issue is still there. I assume that faulty reporting to the computer from the in-tank gauge would affect the dashboard reading on remaining range and fuel consumption, rendering the trip computer pretty useless apart from the trip A/B distance calculation. While the car won't fall from the sky like the doomed Air France and its blocked pitot tubes a couple years ago I hardly consider this 'normal' and have searched the web extensively, but only found one brief mention of the same problem and no solution. Has anyone having the same issue? What could be causing it and what can be done about it? Can the fuel gauge be recalibrated? Your help very appreciated, thanks.