Maintnenance Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2020, 08:35 AM
Default Maintnenance Suggestions

Seeking some suggestions on general maintenance of my 2010 Grand Vitara Limited 4wd 4cyl

Like all previous Suzukis we've owned this vehicle has been ultra reliable and a real blessing to own (other than the impossible difficult oil changes). It just turned 80k with no major problems, but now it's been relegated to second car status. It's gotten regular oil changes every 5k, filters etc all the basics. Looking for suggestions for useful preventative maintenance to make this vehicle last as long as possible. With the exception of a fan replacement in the heater/AC system, aftermarket radio upgrade, regular maintenance parts, it's essentially the same vehicle as it was when rolled off the show room floor. It still has the original engine coolant and transmission fluid ... should I be replacing these? Any lubes or services worth considering to extend the life of the vehicle I should consider?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Old 09-05-2021, 01:04 PM

Just buy this and do it yourself or take it to a mechanic and not the dealer because they want you to go back over and over again....

https://www.searchforparts.com/oil-c...-vitara-2.4l-0

also it has all products and correct filter for the vitara